1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by alexsubri, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Watch it while it`s hot. The graphic`s look a little bit more polished compared to MW2

Mindweaver and makwy2 say thanks.
  2. makwy2

makwy2

Thanks Received:
    nice. 301 views, 9,268 likes.

3. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    it`s 301 because once it reach`s over like 500 views within an hour I think, Youtube people`s investigate to make sure it doesn`t conflict with their TOS. I would say by tomorrow it will have over 20,000 views

4. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Not surprised, exactly what to expect from a COD title (every single year), more flashy trailers.

5. Raijian

Raijian New Member

Thanks Received:
    If it has no killstreak rewards, and balanced guns, no akimbo shotguns or smg's, then I'll buy it.

Solaris17 and MadClown say thanks.
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I agree. no kill steaks, balanced guns and maps i may consider this. but then again, I kind of want ot just stop buying activisions games since itll just keep giving them a reason to release them.

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    They really need to retire that engine. Its dated as hell. The lighting was crap to what we have seen in BF3.

t77snapshot says thanks.
  8. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah that too. same old Quake Engine or whatever the hell it is. itsl ike 8 years old

9. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Remove:
    Kill streaks
    Campers
    Exploiters
    Activision

Add:
    Battlefield 3

Then, I would buy it.

10. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    WIN!!!!! except i like going into cod and just relaxing having fun. But when i want to try hard and work as a team and all that i play BF. i play BF a lot more. the only cod game i play now is Cod4

Volkszorn88 says thanks.
  11. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Ye, honestly. COD4 is the only one I STILL play. After cod4, it was all down hill. No need to pay $60 every year for the same exact game. COD = NFL Madden, NFL Madden = COD

12. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah MW3 will be a rent for me. Bf3. WILL BE A BUY! I got my other friend off his console fanboyism and convinced him for college not only get a office type laptop for college work, but a Toshiba Qosmio for gaming on BF3

13. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    I actually want all the retards to buy MW3, so they stay away from BF3.

I can see it now, 12 yr old buys BF3 and says "this game is dumb, no kill streaks!" lol

14. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    Meh.

15. BigMyke New Member

Thanks Received:
    BF3 will smash this game! This is my first post here too! Mark my words, BF3 will smash this game. :)

16. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    BigMyke's 1st post is his best post.

BigMyke says thanks.
  17. BigMyke New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Volkszorn!

18. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    I dont see why BF3 will smash this game when we will all be too busy playing Duke Nukem to care.

19. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    While I do look forward to Duke Nukem, it doesn't really seem like a game that will have lasting appeal. More like a game that you play through one or two times and shelve once something better comes along. Battlefield 3 on the other hand, looks like an amazing modern first-person shooter with a lot of promise, and a lot of lasting appeal :D

20. hbk123 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think it looks quite good!

21. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I watched it during my break and here's what I could come up with;

The visuals were nice, but the trailer wasn't that interesting, especially compared to the BF3 trailer. With the MW3 trailer it was a mixture of CGI\Pre-Render and a small amount of what might have been actualy in-game footage (still not entirely sure since I saw no HUD, etc.) but the overall feel of the game just didn't seem as good as that of BF3. With the MW3 trailer it was mostly a lot of explosions... actually it was basically entirely explosions. The BF3 trailer was a nice mixture of ambience, with a build-up to a suspensful action sequence.

I think the contrast is necessary to really build realism and immerse you in the game. With MW2 it very much felt like they were marketting a Video Game, and that took a lot away from the gameplay in my opinion. BF3 by comparison, seems to be selling an experience, and the trailer for it is a lot more theatrical, and less gimmicky.

The overall aesthetics of the game also concerned me. MW3 looked very... plain. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it just didn't look very vibrant. The only scene I remember that really wow'ed me was when they were running through the building that was half on fire, the rest of it was just a black and grey mash-up of City-based firefights and some random underwater sequences. When I first saw the BF3 trailer, I remember being blown away by how vivid the environments were. The light shining through windows and off the walls in the alleys, the scene with the bridge cracking apart underneath their feet, the blood splatter for a fallen teamate splashing onto the screen, the light reflecting off of the windows of the buildings during the rooftop sequences. Everything seemed perfectly placed and natural, not forced and chaotic.

22. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    its cool these days for 'knowledgeable' computer folk to bash the newer COD games. they are the best selling games of all time for a reason, my opinion fwiw is that its because they dont have any competition. BF3 & MOH for example are completely different games if you ask me. COD is more personal and it takes a couple bullets to kill someone. (BC2 takes many more bullets which ruins the fun for me)

i really tried liking BC2 but i just could not do it. for example in hardcore mode it takes 2 SNIPER bullets to the chest to kill someone, that means hardcore mode is not actually hardcore, just little things like that make COD superior in my book.

and yes i know its 'cool' to hate COD games and the players but you have to ask yourself, why is it the best selling series of all time?

23. Raijian

Raijian New Member

Thanks Received:
    ITT: Treehouse tries to defend his 12-year-old CoD MW2 veteran status.

Jk, but in all seriousness, I won't be buying this game. After the nightmare that was MW2, I'll pass!

24. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    That's easy: It caters to the lowest common denominator.

Rapidfire48 says thanks.
  25. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    love me or hate me... But i still love ALL Call of Duty series ! And im soo exicted of this like every year now.