1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Reveal Trailer

Discussion in 'Games' started by alexsubri, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMyke New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lmao, thanks for that link. :toast:

2. bbmarley

Thanks Received:
    anyone else or just me thinking kind of looks like crysis2

3. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Then prepared to be disappointed. According to Amazon, MW3 has reached the top 10 best selling pre-order game. I can't even find BF3 yet. So the number of views for the utube video does seem to correspond with amazons stats on best sellers. And we have no idea what's being offered nor is there any information on what this premium packaging is all about yet.

4. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Looks awesome. But there have been awesome trailers for [IMO] crappy games too many times before to buy it based on anything but post-release reviews; unfortunately it's the CoD franchise (since CoD4) that taught me not to pre-order.

5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Mostly moms getting a head start on Christmas shopping thinking their little angel will like it.I might pick it up if it has a special like 66% off on steam,I already got BF# and will stick with that this NOV,Why should i buy a cod game and get it installed like BLOPS last year and have aim botter same day as release.That should tell you this game is for ,The 8-14 olds that want cheats in a game.

6. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    It is the last COD Multi-player I really enjoyed. I was disappointed in
    MW2 and BO. I'm not making that mistake again. Same old crap.
    Just different maps. Until they catch up with current
    abilities of new engines I'm through with COD's.

7. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    They haven`t really discussed MW3 engine yet. Any thread on it yet?

I know it look`s pretty much the same as MW2

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Same engine. Highly modified Quake 3 engine.

9. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do...:laugh:
    I'm sure others wish they could do the same. ;)

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Carmack is a god.

11. lilkiduno New Member

Thanks Received:
    well. from the this. it dose not look to be a must have purchase for me... hell i wasnt going to buy BO other than for a game that I could play with family..... and that was 2 months after the release. The story sucked so I lost intrest in that. Zombies... meh it's basiclly the same a W@W so not a big selling point for me there. and MP... that was a joke... I will much rather play CoD4 still....

but to compair CoD to BF is like compaining apples to oranges.... yes they are both FPS but apples and oranges are both fruit.... CoD has it's Pro's and Cons just as BF....

Now I am not saying I like on title better than the other, but after spending the $$$ on the last two $H*T titles CoD has released I will much rather spend the $$$ on a game title of which I have yet to be dissapointed with.... yes thats right BF3 hurry up already!

P.S. From the trailer the story looks like it may be a good one. Hell just don't do no BO BS!

12. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: so true

13. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Only con BF3 has is that it isn't out yet.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  14. chris89 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know my brother is getting MW3 on 360 :/

Looking at the pricing in the UK the current moment from amazon the PC verison is £34.91, From Play.com it is: £35.99 :/ so more expensive then nearly all other PC games. But then isn't supprising for CoD 8?

Most likely a better game to compare BF3 is would be the new RO when it's released, but then that concentrates a lot more on realism.

Chris

15. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    With COD they know what they are getting. And don't have to question if there are any major game play changes that they may not like (at least not yet). With BF3 we have no idea what we are getting or what to expect. They are adding elements to BC2 and subtracting game play elements from BF2 and call it BF3 :wtf:. This has confused me as to what direction BF3 is heading. Is it a real BF2 squeal or not? When I have to ask myself this question then look at COD which do you think people will relate to the most? COD of course!

This isn't the only answer. But when I look at this from a consumer's point of view that's the impression I get.

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't. BC2 blew away CoD. BF3 is going to be far better then BC2. CoD is EXACTLY the same. Simple logic really. Only reason CoD even sells anymore is hype.

17. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    The numbers in viewership do speak for themselves right now (which may or may not change later on). I wasn't implying that no one go it. Just one of the reasons why some seem to prefer COD over BF3. It's because they have some idea what they are getting. With BF3, we really haven't a clue. We can guess and be right or wrong but the mixing and matching of BF2 vs BC2 and call it BF3 has at least left me confused.

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its more popular because of hype and console players are sheep. As a matter of fact you know LESS about this CoD then any other in the past. Its not being made by IW or Treyarch. Its being made by Sledgehammer and its "founder" is an accountant.

BF3 is being made by DICE and all the original crew. When have they made a dud? Yeah I think I trust them a LOT more then an accountant making a game.

19. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    As far as value of who is making the game they really don't care. People have establish a relationship with what to expect from the game be it true this go around or not. With BF3 we have no idea with some of the leaked information we have so far. I do recall when BC2 was released many thought BC2 was BF3. But the air was cleared and we were told that BC2 was not BF3 (BF3 was in development, etc). But yet we now see that BC2's game play is in BF3 with prone added from BF2. :wtf:

I just don't agree that calling them sheep to hype is the best answer here. Even though we don't know what COD will offer. There is something else going on here.

20. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I disagree completely. I think Mailman nailed it. People only buy COD because they don't know any better, and think that it's the pinnacle of fps, just because their buddy says so. AKA: Sheep.

21. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    well guess what? i own BC2 and blackops, i prefer blackops :)

so your theory has already been disproven

EastCoasthandle says thanks.
  22. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    :laugh:, thank you.

23. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Looks like a nice game really. I don't care about the graphics all that much for as long as single player campaign will be as memorable as it was in CoD1 and CoD2.

24. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh i am confident you will be shitting green or red colours, very confident ;)

25. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I am holding him responsible for that statement lol.