1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by BumbleBee, Jan 21, 2011.

1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    apparently Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games & Raven Software are co-developing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 which is scheduled for a Fall 2011 release.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/report-infinity-ward-co-developing-modern-warfare-3-with-sledge/

Fall is going to be great :)

Rage, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Diablo III, Batman: Arkham City, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Portal 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Resistance 3 and possibly Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

2. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Here's hoping it's actually playable on PC months after release...

3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Of course this is great (this Fall) but Christ I don't have enough time to play the games I already own.

BumbleBee says thanks.
  4. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would take BF3 from that list and absolutely nothing else (with the exception of Deus X, potentially).

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    wow so many Co-devs, Well....I suppose InfinityWard would need them after almost all their staff resigned/got fired. (yes....Im trolling)

If its any bit like CoD:BlackOps which was more like a rehash of MW2 then I will be giving this game a miss too. to say the least ive not been terribly impressed with the CoD series since MW1.

I will keep an eye on it though - otherwise I think im going to rack up another 5000hrs in BF3 which is going to be totally epic (i hope) and I also hope they bring back 64player servers though in this day and age it would seem highly unlikely

6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    W@W is my favorite other then cod4. But thats because i like WWII history and i love Zombies!

7. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have W@W and yes i agree its a great game but somehow it was never as popular as MW1 - I was the only person who bought the game out of the 10 or so people in our clan (non-serious clan i might say - we play for fun) I loved the game - the M1 with the scope was just total pwnage

8. Blaircroft New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are they going to continue on with Steam?

9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    if they do - thats even more reason to stay away from it. second thing that comes to mind is if they will offer dedicated servers instead of just a silly game matching system

10. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    count on EA to milk the money cow for as much as possible. Minimal gameplay improvements/graphic enhancements. $60 release, too no doubt. ( do I hear $65?)

11. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Call of Duty is an Activision franchise, not EA.

12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    haha fail!

13. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Please go away and hide with another COD title. Plain rippoff by Activision again..
    EA titles are my best bet. At least they give us playable beta games not completely unplayable console ports.

14. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    MW3?? a new record in sales, pirating, and a new low in development and PC gaming as a whole....

same shit every year, why are you all suprised....

AsRock says thanks.
  15. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    This is just one of the best games out there! Year after year we get a new game updated with the latest graphics, improved gameplay, a huge variety of maps (Including the ability to play old maps for free) all with a great name we can trust. I mean serisously Activision out does themselves everytime its amazing they can manage to make a new COD for us all to play yearly, all at affordable price.

:rolleyes:

16. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Maybe when they've made enough money they'll create a good game for us. :(

17. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    I hope they make good games and not just rush things for monies.:(

18. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    All things said and done, Mw2 and now Black Ops is addicting as hell. I for one, will grab this game the day it comes out, spend the next few months complaining about how this games sucks, yet play 3 hours of it every single day.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart

Thanks Received:
    I don't wanna sound like a troll, but seriously, when will this series die:banghead:

psyko12 says thanks.
  20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I feel sorry for you....

Because I queued up with a friend to wait for the midnight release of MW2 - paid £45 or something for the game and i havent even put 2hrs into it because I was just so horrifically beyond dissapointment that i spent the next 12hrs on suicide watch. and even though I dont own a copy of BLOPs I played about 2-3hrs of it online around a mates who did buy the game for PC and it to me theres just nothing really special about it asside from dedicated servers which was taken away from us in MW2. - If you have played MW2 then BLOPs is just same old same old. there is no 'wow' factor to the game. its every bit the same as MW2 except maybe some new perks or achievements

no doubt this will be a GREAT hit and IW will sell millions but only because sales will be made from people buying the game for PS3/360 and that will skew the results.

so while the console fanbois are out there thing its the better then sex. the PC comunity is shrinking yet again because game devs dont want to put in the extra work and make it that little bit more special instead of spoonfeeding us another console port - or in this case, something that could have been made an expansion to MW2 and not a completely new game.

Beyond disapointment doesnt even cut it.

Im waiting for BLOPS to drop to £5 before i buy it - and even then its not even worth £5.

hats off to treyarch who tried to fix MW2 in their own little way but its a failed effort IMO

21. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did not and probably never will 'queue outside a store' to purchase a game. I prefer placing the order on steam.

I put in over 400 hours in MW2 and play as much of BO. The only reason I love the games so much is because I only play it with my clan, and most of the time is spent in private scrimmages against other clans. Playing a private scrimmage in hardcore pretty much filters out all the things that are wrong with the game. The game is at an entirely different level of fun when you're constantly communicating with team members, strategizing etc and know that the other team is doing the same. if I only played PUGs (Pick up games), I would not have enjoyed the game even a fraction how much I currently do.

22. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    the problem is piracy not Treyarch.

23. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I admit i did pirate BLOPs to see how good it was after i done multiplayer around my mates for a few hours - It still didnt appeal to me at all. but i did play through it once, just like i did MoH2010 - and i didnt buy that game afterwards either after testing them out. Im very much waiting for BF3 or the next edition of BC2 (if there is such thing) - -- - oh and the new Dues Ex game

24. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Activision isn't going to commit resources to developing a PC SKU if 4.2 million copies are pirated. 3.9 million copies of Bad Company 2 were pirated but only 2 million players online? 3.2 million copies of Mass Effect 2 were pirated. piracy is taking more than a slice of pie these days and someone really needs to step up.

25. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Piracy is a joke. If 3.2 million people pirated it on the PC they either
    A. Couldn't afford the game so wouldn't have ever bought it or if they acutally like the game will buy it at least when the price drops.

or

B. Bought it on console in which case why pay for it again on PC

and even you still think people pirating are screwing with sales the number of actual people you could actually call Pirates is much smaller than 3.2 million people.

I personally hate paying for a game three times so I can play with all my friends. Maybe if it were pay a one time fee and play it on PC, PS3 and Xbox pirating wouldn't be as big of an issue. That or they divide the price by three.

At least this is my view on Piracy. Just like Activision wants to blame hackers on the PS3 on the sheer fact the PS3 has been hacked, as if hacker weren't a problem before the PS3 got hacked. They are really good at making up excuses.

[H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.