1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty Under Religious Fire

Discussion in 'News' started by TheMailMan78, Oct 9, 2012.

?

Is this the right decision?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Rahmat Sofyan

Rahmat Sofyan

Thanks Received:
    ?

I don't know about that, as far as I know I've never found game that say name or text of Christ explicitly .. did I missed?

As I say this is our Faith, put name of God on wrong place are not allowed, morever to killed :(.
    But yeah It just my Opinion.

ahh, I wish have good english than this :(, I want too share about this more friendly dude.

3. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    respect first for everything is a rule in the human beying but its difficult find who respect this rule,guys open your mind and FIRST stop listend shit from news programs on tv on internet and on journal ,you have in front of your nose what usa do for bring things from other country , they are war makers and this excuse of religion for make a war is for lowbrain people ,is like the vietnam war they tell a little boat was attached when this boat dont exist ,like a man was alive when is dead from 25 years ( bin laden) and now they put another shit for lowbrain in a game for bimbiminchia? use your brain and dont become racist for idiocrazy.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't really think it is appropriate for religious discussion on techpowerup. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

5. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    No just my view is all. To tell you the truth I am never offended at any thing depicting my GOD. Have you seen Family Guy? They even have my Savior Jesus Christ walking around joking and doing silly things. I Have never been offended, I guess because I am secure in my faith and words or depictions can NEVER change that. Faith of a mustard seed my friend can move mountains. I say put what you want in any game you want, I will Never be offended.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    lol no problem man. You are doing fine.

I cannot tell you how many times Ive seen the cross and Jesus used inappropriately. Nevermind the hurting of children which is a BIG NO NO in both Islam and Christianity.

Activision needs to make a choice now. Please EVERYONE or just one.

okidna says thanks.
  7. Benetanegia

Benetanegia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Easy one, please everyone: stop making COD.

8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    :laugh: SO MUCH WIN IN THIS QUOTE IT CAN ONLY BE MEASURED WITH A QUANTUM EQUATION!

okidna and trickson say thanks.
  9. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    +1, but

it's not the problem in the makers, the buyers are to blame. just take a look at movie and music industry, same shit everywhere.

10. GLD

GLD

Thanks Received:
    On another game note. Anyone catch it in the BF3 sp campaign, early on I think, that they say America was built by terrorists, or some schit like that. I don't recall hearing bitching about that, and I found it offensive. just saying.

11. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Why is it we have to suffer? If GOD was so offended would GOD not just end it? Please GOD END IT ALL!

12. piotrekhc

Thanks Received:
    This is joke !

13. trickson

Thanks Received:
    GOD is laughing right now. :roll:

14. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    maybe the same reason why the average amount of Christians who go to church each week are dropping in numbers (worldwide level) faster than ton of bricks and the amount of muslims who go to mosque are sky rocketing?

or another way, stronger/determined faith?

i say that as an atheist. i agreed with you on most points until you used the fact that Christians don't behave as religiously as Muslims as a counter to the Muslim argument

15. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow your so cool bro!

16. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    If we met at a bar, the night wouldn't end well for either of us. If you come at me spitting out hate speech about whatever race or religion that I happen to be apart of, I'm going to go through the 3-step calmdown program with you. 1st time, I ask nicely for the person to stop. 2nd time, I ask again nicely for the person to stop. 3rd time, I become intimidating, almost provoking in a sense that I let you know that I will fight for my race/religion. I am free to write/say/do whatever I want as well. Just be sure to accept any consequences of the actions you take.

I don't think something of this nature can be called an "accident". On any given COD game, I could only IMAGINE how many people put their time into making a game of such large proportions. In ALL of those people, you tell me nobody who worked on that game KNEW what they were doing when they put that tasteless text/image in the bathroom? I don't know.

17. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Because GOD doesn't need a special home for me to worship in.
    Religion has no place here. No one can CHANGE what any one believes ever. This is about a stupid game that had some stupid word that to me is undecipherable at best and some one whom knows what that symbol means may get all butt hurt. GOD is so laughing at us all right now. :laugh::roll:

:slap: Wake the FUCK UP PEOPLE!

18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Not sure what you are saying here. Please elaborate.

19. trickson

Thanks Received:
    I would never come at any one spewing hate at them to them or about there GOD. SO yeah it would be a long nigh of video games maybe but it would not end in a WAR. At least I would hope not. :toast:

20. largon

Thanks Received:
    Oh, the drama...
    I'm glad I have one category less of things to possibly get upset about.

21. treehouse New Member

Thanks Received:
    unfortunately i cant put this in a better worded way then what i have already wrote but i will have a go.

basically what am trying to say is that you cant use the fact that christians dont go all crazy when their religion is made fun off as a counter to the fact that muslims do.

it is wrong that a minority of muslims go crazy when their religion is made fun off BUT it is wrong because common sense tells us so. the fact that christian fundamentalists are hardly heard off should not dictate the righteousness/wrongness of muslim fundamentalists.

apologies if that does not make sense.

on a slightly different note- thank god am an atheist ;)

22. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Nor should any one dictate what is right or wrong for free people to see or hear.

23. Rahmat Sofyan

Rahmat Sofyan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah this is just game everybody :)...

I'm not trying to compare my religion to the other, I'm just share an info that maybe the reason why IW and Activision do that reaction.

and I'm so sorry if my word not in the place.

btw I've all call of duty series :).

24. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    he has a point there. muslims behave like fucking fanatics. muslim minority wants to build a mosque in europe? everything's cool. christian minority want to build a church in (i forgot where, some hc islamic country, i read about it in the papers recently... brain fart)? BURN THEM!!!

then i read about how some poor girl's life hangs by the thread because some asshole planted her some burnt quran pages and this is all known, everyone knows he planted those pages yet they were still deciding to kill her or not? WHAT? :twitch: i would shoot that cunt between the eyes personally for endangering her life by framing her for something that can get you executed there, but nooo, he got a free pass.

and jihad, take a look at crusades and see where "holy war" got the europe.

EDIT: i do realize that there are muslims with something other than rocks in their heads but general muslim attitude has to change. eg. islam forbade eating pigs not because they are dirty but because you waste a lot of wheat and water to grow a decent pig that you could've used to feed the people. today, these resources are abundant and this tradition is obsolete. i'm not saying that you really should start eating bacon because you can, i'm trying to point out that when islam was established the world was a very different place and many rules made sense then are a complete nonsense today. everything must adapt in order to survive.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  25. trickson

Thanks Received:
    Play nice this thread will get closed fast. This is about a game. Now God is laughing!