1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can anyone do anything with this BIOS?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by JC316, Feb 11, 2007.

1. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Basicly, I want more overclocking, so I need more memory voltage. I can set my motherboard to 2.4V, but my memory errors and I am screwed. The bios only goes to 2.1V, so I am wondering if there is a way to unlock more memory voltage.

I know diddly shit about Bioses, so thats why I am asking here.

Edit:

Whoops, I forgot to tell you the important stuff. It's a phoenix BIOS, and it came off form a Biostar Tforce 550.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. AshenSugar

AshenSugar New Member

Thanks Received:
    its award to be more accuret/spicific, and its doughtfull, 2.4 is the boards max and thats gained via jumper.

you may need to just get better ram :/ or try asking around on other forums for what settings to change to gain more ram clock.

i know trfc being set to higher numbers and setting async latancy being cranked up can help, i had to go to 105ns and 8ms to get my ram to 830 on my tf550 board.
  3. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Ram clock isn't the issue, it's the FSB. I can't take it over 290 on the FSB or it locks up. It's funny, if it locks up, it's always looking for the IDE drives.
  4. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    it looses the IDE drives?? that is wierd, i loose the SATA drives if i dont lock the PCI/AGP speed, but i have yet to loose the IDE :confused:
  5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    can you set a lower vDimm in bios and use the jumper to up that I.E. 2.1v is plus .3v to give you 2.4 maybe set 1.9 and get 2.2v thats how my mobo works with its 7-shift voltage thingy
  6. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I thought of that and no go. It sets it to 2.4 no matter what. I made some progress, I moved the ram over to a different slot and I got it to windows, but it failed memtest big time. The is one bios newer than mine, but it supposedly only adds better smart fan control.