1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can anyone recommend a good monitor?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by vbx, Feb 19, 2012.

1. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    I currently have an Asus MS226H and looking for a better monitor with LED backlit. My current monitor doesn't have the "crispiest" or "sharpest" text no matter what I do. And the black isn't really "black".

I thought about getting the updated version "ASUS ML228H" but now I'm thinking, instead of going for "looks", I just get a monitor that actually performs.

Looking for a 21.5" or maybe 23" screen. Matte finish would be nice. Purpose is graphic design, web browsing etc etc. Something that doesn't cause eye strain.

Not looking for any specific brand at the moment. Price should be under $350.

THANKS!
  2. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    Definitely the samsung s23a750d, check out tigerdirect.com

The monitor is 120hz, 2ms, full 1920x1080 resolution, eco savings, plays in 3D and it's really thin.

The colours are so vibrant and bright. Has everything you could ask for on a monitor.
  3. redeye

redeye

Thanks Received:
    go for an ips monitor... while the "speed" specs are slow it doesn't matter... while the colors do... if you are looking at asus look at the pro art series... (yes, while expensive... 500 dollars, image quality matters.)

I'm going to Knock tigerdirect... Shop at newegg.com only or a local store that you trust. (i.e. allows refunds without a re-stocking charge...)