1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can i get the same speeds with wireless connection?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by N3trox, Jun 7, 2013.

1. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey everyone. Currently i use my PC with a cabled connection to my router. We have a small room just for the PC. Router is in the living room and we drilled a hole for the ethernet cable. ^^ So i want to change the place of the PC to another room. So i will have to use it with a wireless connection. I wonder can i still have the same dl speeds and ping times? I have 3mbps connection, (i know it's crappy but it's all we can afford in this shit-ass country, still the old copper cables, no fiber anywhere :banghead:) I'm currently dl'ing with 350 kbps and my ping's are 60-70-80 between european countries which is normal in my country. ^^ So my question is can i get the same values with a wireless connection which i'm planning to do with this:

http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/Netw...suz-pci-e-kart/productdetails.aspx?I_ID=58761

If you know better options can you select one from here:

http://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/network-aksesuari/products.aspx?L2=NETACC&k3=Network Kart

Thanks a lot. :toast:

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    For that slow of a connection wireless shouldn't be an issue as long as you have a strong signal and use 54G or 100+N.

The only issue you may run into would be if you transfer files within your own network and speeds will be slow.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    ^this... With 2.4 Ghz N USB wireless adaptor, and ASUS RT-N66U I was getting the exact same speedtest results compared to wired.

4. N3trox New Member

Thanks Received:
  5. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Wireless to internet, you will get the same speed. Wireless to network computer, this is slowier than a cable connexion. I am on 150mbps wireless, and I download 2mb/s on the internet with my 20mbits

Crunching for Team TPU