1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I run Mac OS X 10.6.3 on a PC?

Discussion in 'Linux / BSD / Mac OS X' started by Laurijan, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    Hi!

I would like to run Mac OS X 10.6.3 or higher on the system in my specs. Is this possible? For example would the GPU work well with it? There seem to be drivers for Mac OS X on Nvidias site.

Then is there a free/trial version of this OS to download anywhere in the Internet and if yes what are its restrictions?

I have had big problems with games restarting my PC without bluescreen and I would like to try a game that crashes my machine and of which there is a Mac version on Mac OS X to find out if the problem is Windows driver/software related.

I have 0 expirience with Mac OS - is there anything vital I should know?

Thx!
  2. oily_17

oily_17

Thanks Received:
  3. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
  4. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    I really wish I could test some games in Linux but not one of the games I have and that reboots my computer are availible on it. At least for Mac OS X I can get Warhammer Online which causes so much pain.
    Other games that I have and that crash are: Fallout 3, Lord of the Rings Online, Mount & Blade Warband, but none of those is availible on Linux.
  5. starvinmarvin1 New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Wonder how often the emulation KPs. Hackintosh builds are very trial and error unless you really pick the components and totally build from scratch. You can't just throw it on a PC and expect everything to work.

Ideally if you want to do it, you're building a new system with the intention of running OSX on it.

Your problems may not be just driver related. Have you tested your RAM? Checked temperatures? How does it handle a full torture test with Prime?
  7. Laurijan

Laurijan

Thanks Received:
    The problem was my faulty GTX275 GPU - i got a GTX460 in RMA and the problem was gone.
    brandonwh64 says thanks.
  8. EiSFX

Thanks Received: