1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by beyond_amusia, Jun 24, 2009.

1. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Okay, I'm using Windows 7 and XP mode, with a Verizon card because my crappy DSL got shut off... That catch is that the x64 drivers are not signed, so I cannot use the card in 7, but I can use in in XP via Windows VPC (how I am accessing this)... I am wondering if I can share the card from XP Mode into 7??? I looked in network places and the 'host' does not show up at all, so I really have no idea where to get started on this if it is even possible.

EDIT: I am going to try the steps MS provides for getting the card to work in 7 here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...e/thread/d5b4340a-70d4-4eab-9a6e-50088a56d2ef I will post back letting everyone know how is goes.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...