1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can i use ATI or Nvidia without one of their video cards?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by gelly eat world, Apr 24, 2006.

1. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    Several Questions

I have an HP pavilion ze4230, bought brand new, but i am having extreme difficulty trying to find information on the video card, brand and that sorta thing. I know it has a radeon IGP 340m adapter. Is that the video card, if not, what is?

Do i need a different video card to have movies play on the TV using a S-video cable through the laptop? I get the desktop and windows to show on the screen, but no movies or videos.

What are the drivers i need to get it working, and which would be better for this situation, ATI or Nvidia?

Thanks
    gelly
  2. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    that is a ati mobility radeon agp with 64 mb (shared i think) so nvidia drivers won't work, the model i can't find, try everest to see wich graphics card is, try ati tool
  3. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried ati catalyst and my window shrunk on my laptop and the properties for the drivers don't register. Is that normal?
  4. gelly eat world New Member

Thanks Received:
    where do i save the ati files? program folder or is there a specific place i need to save them?