1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can I use Vista on this?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by domy85, May 12, 2009.

1. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    Think I can load vista ultimate 32bit on a laptop with a geforce go5200 32mb video card? Im trying to prepare for this in advance avoiding trial and error. I have a copy of xp pro and I know it will be better for this hardware, but I dont have a key for it so im trying to use what I have. If not I will try to purchase a key for xp pro.

Thanks

2. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the FX 5200 supports SM 2.0, so vista will work.

Considering how bad the FX series was, it may not run aero very well.

domy85 says thanks.
  3. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    pft, aero will be disabled, who needs a mac wanabe! :D. Thanks for the quick responce.

4. kyle2020 Guest

:wtf: so what the advantage of using vista over XP? If you already have the vista copy, by all means, but I wouldnt bother, not if your turning vistas main selling point off from the word go :wtf:

5. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    I didnt want to say more than I had to. This would start confusing everyone with more details than actually needed for the question which is what your trying to do :) Basic laptop man, basic. dont need the aero. Its an OS I have that works without paying money. :toast: