1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can my rig stream LoL {helpp!}

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Fantasm, Sep 21, 2011.

1. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Going by what little of the vrm area is visible in that picture i would assume processor selection may possibly be limited by wattage as well as bios support.

2. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    looks like a basic 3+1 VRM should be ok with 45-65w chips.

3. bear jesus

bear jesus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, i was thinking possibly 65w of which the selection seams limited where i normally buy although i assume it would likely vary quite a bit depending on shopping location/site.

4. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am SO SO sorry to EVERYONE last night we had an internet outgage...

as for cdawall, and kev, I could very well give you the "guid"? number on the barcode, or the other, just let me know which one you need.

So we now know it's the MICRO even smaller! than the mini hah. Were getting somewhere

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    You WILL NEED a very high-end system to stream LoL in high quality, and still have a minimum of 60fps in-game.

I know by experience, and have been streaming LoL for over a year now. I used to stream on a Core 2 Duo E8400 (OC'ed to 4.4Ghz), and a Sapphire HD4870 1GB video card, and had a shitty quality stream and had 25fps in-game.

I stress, you WILL NEED AT LEAST a Phenom II X6 1100T, or a 2500K/2600K CPU and a HD6870 (OR EQUIVALENT). Streaming is extremely CPU HEAVY BASED!

Unless you plan on playing at only 1280x720 and medium to low settings, then you will need a very high-end system for high fps in-game, and a quality stream.

6. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:
    So first off, I only get around 35fps ingame now, with music etc... I get the 19-15 range while trying to stream on low quality and all settings turned low....

So is this computer upgradable to be able to stream LoL? : X

Edit*** Add me and lets duo que sometime while you stream bra

7. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    Most definitely NOT!

You will need to build a new PC from the ground up.

For your new build, make sure to have AT THE VERY LEAST an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (if you want more VALUE in your build).

Or get at least an Intel i5 2500K if you're willing to spend more (and of course an HD6870 or GTX560 Ti).

Those are the two MAJOR and most important components (and also 8GB of RAM)

:toast:

8. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:

doesn't sound too fun or inspiring! Anyone else have any input on this topic!?

9. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    or you could make your stream look like 'Dyrus' :laugh:

10. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's pretty funny! haha I just wanna stream! : ( no fun, working on getting the motherboard model number?

11. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used everest home edition to get this invo on the mobo
    Field ValueMotherboard ID 03/03/2009-NF-MCP78-8A61O001C-00

-NF-MCP78-8A61O001C-00. = Motherboard Name Acer Aspire X3200

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  12. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean "stream?" Are you talking about a service like OnLive where you stream a video game to your computer?

13. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    He means this: http://www.xsplit.com/

erocker says thanks.
  14. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah, I see. Thanks. Well, his system is insufficient to handle this. The CPU is "do-able" but at 2.5ghz it needs a boost. 4gb of system RAM would help as well. That would cover XSplit. The GPU in his system is, for the lack of a better term, rubbish for anything other than looking at a desktop. That definitely needs to be replaced with a better card. With the current rig, even with a small upgrade I dont see it handling anythihng more than a 360p stream.

15. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    that depends on the game entirely. He is playing an old WoW knock off read the entire post next time.

16. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    Are you for real?

He plays League of Legends.

Requirements are quite high.

I know by experience, that if you want a high quality stream AND max settings in League of Legends,
    you will need a HIGH-END SYSTEM.

I answered his question; I even gave him an example from my own experiences.

Streaming with XSplit requires a high-end CPU, and utilizes A LOT of the CPU.

Read my posts and correspond it to his; and you'll realize something.

17. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    like hell he will

[​IMG]

min specs are a freaking 2ghz P4 and FX series card. he will not be able to max the game out streaming but with a better VGA there is no reason he cannot run 1024x768 and stream. I think i covered in several posts he will not be streaming HD. He is already playing the game with a midrange dual core and geforce 9200 obviously MAXING the game out isn't part of the plan. An inexpensive GPU upgrade and possibly a minor CPU upgrade will keep his current settings in the game and be able to stream. Maybe if you read the entire thread you will realize something.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    Fantasm says thanks.
  18. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Just curious about how many viewers you have. I watch SC2 streams, everything from Day9 to Master players. 10000 viewers to about 10.

19. _Zod_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would just re-purpose that PC for HTPC use and get myself something slightly more up to date, like.. perhaps this..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103371

Of course you might not want to drop $400 at this point in time. At best if the motherboard supports it you could overclock that CPU to 3.0Ghz (I had the same CPU previously and it hits 3.0Ghz no problemo). Then get a low profile card in the $100 range.

20. Fantasm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea i've stated I play LoL on all low settings now only grab about 35fps ingame, of course I have the option set at "stable" so blah....

I just want to be able to stream, and still be able to last hit, and not be all choppy. I would love to stream & have the gameplay I do when I don't stream.. Make since?!?

And CD, I gave you mobo model number bro!

21. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know by experience.

YOU do not.

There is SO MUCH more you're missing (behind the idea and reason of streaming League of Legends). There are a lot of factors involved for streaming League (not just playability and functionality), which you do not understand.

/thread.

22. ElWapo973 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep Evovled is right, I'm another long time LoL player(over 1200 games under my belt) and have watched a considerable number of streams as well as spoken to people who stream LoL specifically. I know just from speaking with them how taxing even on a good system to stream at anything above 480p is. This is just an unfortunate fact, all specs and technicalities aside.

23. Nesters New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also know by experience that streaming on shitty PCs ain't that bad but usually not worth it, you won't get any viewers if stream lags or is low res.

Get a job, earn some cash, buy a whole new pc and then think again - do you really want to stream?