1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can this graphic card run dual monitors?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Jackehboy, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jackehboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Radeon HD 4350
    Picked it up off a friend for 20 when my nvidia burnt out.
    Im wanting dual monitors badly... Reading some places that this is indeed able to have dual monitors..

So what all would I need for it?

2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    All you need is two monitors that can plug into it. Then you set them up in the software that comes with the card or you download it from AMD with the driver.

What connections do your two monitors have?

In fact, first list all your hardware or fill out the User system specs so we know what we are working on

3. Jackehboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff..
    Right now my Monitor that came with my PC is plugged into the white port on my card... I still have a blue port open...

4. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Google video card ports and identify which ones you have. Color does not help

Is that what your card ports look like?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  5. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    Most cards i have owned usualy have white dvi ports and blue VGA ports so my guess is the op is using dvi atm and has vga spare to use with another monitor.

6. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    But what connection is the other monitor and if its DVI he will need a HDMI to DVI. I dont thenk he will find a D sub to DVI. Thats if the card has HDMI

So he need to help himself and educate. OR take a pic of it

7. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    As far as i know you can get both types of converters i am sure i have both stashed away somewhere in this house and if memory serves me right dvi carrys both analogue and digital so the op should be able to use a converter if they can find one.

I will take a look around online to see what i can find.

I see both male and female dvi to vga converters on amazon and other sites and i also think i once use this type of setup a few years back and it worked fine.

I remeber now it was about 3 years ago when i had an ati HD5750, I was running one screen over dvi and the other screen was running by using a VGA to dvi converter (vga from GPU to DVI on the screen).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  8. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Yep you sure can with that card, and if your running Windows 7 its super easy to get sorted, most likely will do it automatically for you when you plug it in and reboot the system.

9. Jackehboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats exactly what the back looks like. My Main monitor is plugged into the white and I have the blue open still.

So.. In order to make this work, I need another monitor clearly plus what else?? Any adapters?

10. silentbogo

silentbogo

Thanks Received:
  11. Blín D'ñero

Blín D'ñero

Thanks Received:
    He does not have second monitor yet.
    The HDMI comes from the same source as the DVI, so it's either one or the other, you will not be able to combine them in a 2-monitor set. Possibly in a monitor/TV combo, i haven't tried that.

Jackehboy. You are looking for combo DVI (what you are having now) and the VGA (the blue one) for your second monitor.
    The input for your second monitor will be at least a VGA port and a DVI port (some older basic (cheap) flatscreens have only a VGA port). Usually you can use a VGA (blue) ~ VGA (blue) cable and you're done. That very cheap cable usually comes for free with any monitor you buy.