1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can you put me together a nice Core i7 system within a $2,000 budget?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Monkey_Business, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Monkey_Business Guest

I am considering building a new PC. I was wondering if you could put me together a nice Core i7 gaming PC within a $2,000 budget. Initially, I intended to build an AMD gaming rig, but the Core i7 outperforms all of the AMD chips. A Ci7 platform is far more costly than AMD's products. I'm trying to stay within budget.
  2. TIGR

Thanks Received:
    Hey Monkey, welcome to TPU!

For $2k you can put together a nice rig. Besides gaming (actually on that note, which games do you play and want to play in the future?), what do you want to use the system for? Do you need a lot of hard drive space? Want to run RAID and/or SSDs? Any other system-intensive tasks like multimedia (audio/image/video) editing? That would impact how much memory you might utilize.

Do you have and preferred cases or case styles? And any favorite brands for various components?

Any specifics you can give on intended use will help us help you. :)
  3. Binge

Binge Overclocking Surrealism

Thanks Received:
    Great outline post TIGR. This is exactly the sort of details a seasoned builder would want to know before putting together a machine.
  4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What TIGR says, give us a nice list of wants (such as good keyboard, water cooling etc) and a nice list of avoids (such as GT 240) and the TPU "Spec me a rig" team will churn out something!
  5. richardbel

richardbel New Member

Thanks Received:
    better yet if you're not into any particular specifications you just can tell us a case style you want, games you played, software you're gonna use. so spec rig team can help you out. [​IMG]