1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cannot enable crossfire

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by moocow0463, Nov 14, 2011.

1. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    so i just updated my CCC and got the bf3 crossfire update and now the ccc is a bit different then what im used to but i go to gaming and click on enable crossfire it takes a second and then switches back to disabled, i see both display adapters in the device manager and didnt have any problems on the old ccc
  2. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    dropped down to the information tab it says one adapter is enabled one is disabled...

gpu-z screen
    [​IMG]
  3. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    have you enabled crossfire in the catalist control center?

[​IMG]

Opps, misread the Op. Do you have the power cable hooked up right, is the bridge in place?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    ya everything seems to be ok, it was working previously, ill try to reseat the cards but i dont think that's and issue. i updated the new CCC and Gpu drivers to be more compatable with bf3 and now i cant enable crossfire. in device manager both cards are enabled and in gpu-z i can see them both however with the new CCC when i click enable crossfire it wont
  5. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward

Thanks Received:
    When you "updated" did you uninstall all old drivers then install the new ones?
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    or check your bios too, is there any setting that related to crossfire?
    moocow0463 says thanks.
  7. moocow0463

Thanks Received:
    got it working again, i dunno what happened, i did everything that i should of, uninstalled the drivers completely, installed the new drivers, rebooted, and it wouldnt let me enable. i rebooted again and everything seems fine going to run furmark to make sure its working properly. thanks for all your input though!