• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

cant decide between 4 cases.....

omslemming

So im doing my second build and ive got my thinking down to 4 cases I might want to use, problem is as far as looks I like them pretty much all the same and I think theyre all suitable for the build im planning (mid spec gaming system with water cooled cpu and 2 times graphics cards in crossfire), all 4 have more then enough room to support my setup with good airflow and cooling.

So I was just wondering if anyone here had used any of the cases in question and had any bad experiences, unforseen problems with any of them that may help me to make up my mind?

Other then that, what would you pick? (based on features not looks obv as thats a personal thing)

heres the cases in question

the Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case | Ebuyer.com

Coolermaster storm trooper CM Storm Trooper Case | Ebuyer.com

Coolermaster storm enforcer CM Storm Enforcer Case with Coolermaster 650W GX P...

Inwin dragonrider gaming case InWin Dragon Rider Gaming Case | Ebuyer.com

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Pick your top two and read two or three reviews for each from different sites. Usually, you'll find most of the same thigns, but sometimes a different site might pick up on one or two things the other sites did not. Also, if multiple sites mention the same issue(s) during installation, you might want to reconsider if it's going to be a problem for you as well.

Processor 2500k
Motherboard Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16G Corsair Vengence
Video Card(s) XFX 390 DD BE
Storage OCZ Agility3 / F1 1tb
Display(s) Hazro HZ27WC 2560x1440 / x3 BenQ G2222HDL Eyefinity - 5760x1080
Case Fractal Design Define XL
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Edifier RT1600
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 700W
i find cases always come down to personal pref

if it was me i would just have a number for each case and roll a 4 side dice then be happy with the result

omslemming

i find cases always come down to personal pref

if it was me i would just have a number for each case and roll a 4 side dice then be happy with the result

oh yeah its all down to personal choice but my ive made my choice thats why ive gotten it down to these 4, just wanted to know if anyone had built ne systems using any of these and if they experienced any problems etc to maybe help me make up my mind which one to buy, there all very similar to be honest even in price range so trying to find out if any of them are notorius for any issues that may not have been covered by basic reviews.

V8VANTAGE

Storm trooper is absolutly huge in the flesh. It looks bigger than the Antec 1200 although I haven't seen them side by side. it wil be amazing at keeping everything cool. Just be careful what power supply and motherboard you use, as a lot of power supplies won't have cables that are long enough and you may need to budget for extension cables mainly the 24pin and the CPU 4/8 pin connector too.

Storm trooper would be my first choice followed by the Dark Fleet.