1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't decide, Pls give your honest opinion.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ksJin, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rangerjr1

Rangerjr1

Thanks Received:
    Im saying GK104 - GK106s are crappy, never said anything about ANY OTHER NVIDIA CARD. Stop putting words in my mouth.
  2. Rangerjr1

Rangerjr1

Thanks Received:
    I agree.
  3. ksJin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, I'm not to big of a fan on over clocking, so MSI N760 wins in my case, also it's enough GPU power for my taste.

The MSI GTX N760 is priced at $260 is better performer compared to the GTX 660Ti on newegg that are 235-265, I'd get the 660Ti cards if they weren't so much, and the 760 Cards are supposed to be better then 660Ti anyways, so MSI GTX N760 with 'Gaming App' that OC's for me with a single click + a bit of an extra speed for 15-20 bucks, so worth it. :D
  4. Rangerjr1

Rangerjr1

Thanks Received:
    Well if you're gonna run "Stock" GPU boost will help you get some extra performance.
  5. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    people are also forgetting the age of the AMD cards, 79** series have out lasted a few gens on NVidia.

all price for price comparison AMD wins, as NVidia is usually overpriced. remember the 6** NVidia cards are old news and will be lower prices, this will be a different story when AMD release their new cards.

nuff said
    grunt_408 and Rangerjr1 say thanks.
  6. ksJin New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm still trying to be patient and hold off on buying anything on atm, because my Radeon HD 6750 is still good to go, runs LoL at 100-130 fps np lol. But I'm going to upgrading for the future release games like CoD: Ghosts / BF:4 / Watch Dogs / I'm forgetting a lot of others, but yeah black friday might be the time to buy the MSI GTX N760.
  7. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    I would have gone with the 7950 . I have one myself and its a solid card.
  8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I just bought my second 7950 for $180 us. Bang for buck you cant beat that
    grunt_408 says thanks.
  9. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I'm talking about :laugh:
  10. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    Me 3! Just had to add to this thread. Piss funny guys!! :laugh::roll::laugh:
    grunt_408 says thanks.
  11. da20valve

Thanks Received:
    Yeah....... Because everyone knows you need that extra 2GB of VRAM to run that big 1440p
    . Unless you are using Triple monitors you don't need anymore then 2GB.
  12. Raptorpowa

Raptorpowa

Thanks Received:
    You never know, most people get bored with one monitor and all of a sudden you impulse buy 2 more monitors. You see 3 cars on my sig? I impulse buy the other 2, I actually just need one. :p
  13. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    LOL the AMD fanboys getting PO'd about somebody buying an nVidia card is hilarious.

My friend has an HD7950 3GB and I've got a GTX670 2GB, and mine is by far better. A GTX760 is very simliar to my card in terms of performance.

OP, good choice and be happy :)
    Dent1 and ksJin say thanks.
  14. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    If you think most people have more than 1 monitor you are seriously deluded.
  15. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Not deluded, just statistical bias. People around him are most likely tech enthusiasts, and therefore he sees "most people" having more than a monitor. Same goes to overclocking.
    ksJin and Dent1 say thanks.
  16. ksJin New Member

Thanks Received:
    well this can be true, but I can't upgrade to multiple monitor set up because I have no room on my glass desk lol.

*note that I had my 630w PSU for 4 years*

Disadvantages to multiple monitor set up:
    -More Stress on PSU and GPU
    -More Space needed on desk
    -More Heat, even from idle, room temp rises.
    -Higher electric bill

BUT I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, just a couple things to consider.
  17. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I'll take some of that money you have way to much of please.
  18. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Also,

More likely to have GPU driver related issues.

Higher resolution will require a lot more GPU memory and main system memory.

Yes, but the way he rationalises bad purchases is like the "fake rich". The real rich make solid purchases based on logic not emotion. This is why the bulk of their cash goes on investments rather than "impulse monitors".
    ksJin says thanks.
  19. Raptorpowa

Raptorpowa

Thanks Received:
    I bought my house on impulse too. :p

[​IMG]

I went to school on impulse too :)

[​IMG]

I think, I'm fine when it comes to investment, I so I bought my toys on impulse too :)

My cars on my avatar :)

My little hobby :)

[​IMG]
    grunt_408 says thanks.
  20. da20valve

Thanks Received:
    Actually I do know and I wouldn't post if I didn't, I don't give advice based on being bias, unlike 95% of the people on here, my job is to build high end systems day in day out, we use AMD and NVIDIA and in what the op has asked the 670 is better, not because I like it more ( I have owned equal amount of both cards) but because its just better, even running 2x 24" Monitors 2GB of VRAM is more then enough ( there has been many tests done with 2 vs 4gb cards on triple monitor setups and in most cases the 2GB variant is enough. If you want to be a fanboy go right ahead, but take it from someone who knows, when giving advice make sure the advice is correct and not just because you like AMD more then NVIDA or COKE more the PEPSI.

The advice I give is correct, I don't post if I don't know, I don't post if I havn't used or tested the product, anyone can look at benchmarks but until you compare 2 identical systems with just that one component changed its pointless.

If you want I will take my PC into work run a few benchmarks, swap my 670 for a 7950 and run them again, that will give you a true understanding of what I am trying to say.
    Dent1 says thanks.
  21. Raptorpowa

Raptorpowa

Thanks Received:
    You want to stir the op to price/performance ratio. 7950 is toe to toe with gtx 670 and sometimes faster when overclock and of course a lot cheaper with free games. Not to mention more vram and bit(384) as well...
  22. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Again fake rich. A Rich person doesn't show off to random strangers on a forum.

This house is probably from Google images or belongs to the bank on a 30 year mortgage which you'll eventually default due to your impulse component buying.

Toe to toe. It's not even close I've already posted reviews in your previous thread from Hard OCP and they concluded there is up to a 30% performance gap between the two. Stop making up stories. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2975420&postcount=23

VRAM doesn't always mean better performance. The Nvidia GT 630 has 4GB VRAM and it performs like crap, probably get outrun by 1GB 5770 from 4 years ago.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    ksJin says thanks.
  23. Raptorpowa

Raptorpowa

Thanks Received:
    Next time I take a picture I'll put raptorpowa sign on it. lol.

Clearly, 7950 is the better card here overall. You could upgrade to one if you want, and Vram now a days is important because 1080p is old. 1440p is new...By the way, how are those 5850 treating ya. :p

I advice people to go for price/perf ratio, so they can save money and not waste it to something irrelevant like the gtx 670.
  24. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    No it isn't. 1080p is still quite standard (and retardedly common). The 670 is not irrelevent.

About resolution:

[​IMG]
  25. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Good looking house there! Me personally I do not need a big house to feel comfortable due to it just being me and my wife but yes I have to agree with what others are saying. Even though I have two college degrees doesn't mean I could buy anything on impulse. This goes with my recent truck purchase, I looked for months for the right truck and had a monthly payment goal in mind. The decision is "Do I live comfortably?" maybe but I still do some type of future budgeting before making huge decisions.

My little slice of paradise :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU