1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't Enable iGPU!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Abdo shniba, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    UPDATD with PIC Can't Enable iGPU!

Hi guys,
    I've built a new PC recently, here is the specs:_

CPU: Intel Core I5 3570k
    MB: Asus P8Z77-V
    VGA: Asus GEFORCE GTX 670 TOP
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
    COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    SSD: Samsung 830 - Series 128 GB Desktop Kit
    HDD: Hitachi 2TB
    DVD: Lite-On 24x IHAS424-98
    Case: ThermalTake chaser MK-I

My problem is when I tried to enable the iGPU there was no option to do so
    only the primary GPU option that was set to auto, I clicked auto and there was just PCIE and PCI,
    what should I do guys? I want to use Intel quick sync, thanks
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I dont think you can with a Dedicated GPU. Intel does not support dual graphics like AMD does
  3. reverze

Thanks Received:
    you need LUCID virtu to switch between dedicated and onboard
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    LucidLogix Virtu MVP is supported by you mobo. Enable and test. If you want only your IGP to work you have to set in BIOS UEFI as primary adapter.
  5. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    thanks guys, I know that, but as I've stated before there is no option to do that in the bios I cant seem to find it, can you tell me where is it?
  6. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    You know you can read the mobo instructions? Under Advanced - System Agent config - Graphics Configuration
  7. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    somebody please shoot me if it is legitimately called "igpu". IF it isnt someone please shoot me because we at TPU have obviously failed the new generation.
  8. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Why shoot you? iGPU clearly would stand for integrated gpu, which is exactly what it is...Integrated into the cpu?
  9. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    guys, again as I've stated before there is no option to enable it in the graphics configuration, the only option available is primary display that have three options auto, PCIE and PCI, so what's the problem?
  10. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    If you haven't done it yet, there is specific software from Asus for setting this up.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z77V/#download

Click utilities, and scroll down to the LucidLogix MVP Software.

Alternatively,
    Check your CPU configuration in bios to make sure iGPU is enabled, make sure your intel drivers are up to date and install the MVP software directly from Lucid.
    http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads.html

From what I can tell this isn't exactly good software, performance issues in games and what not. You may want to skip it and not worry about it. Idle power for new cards really isn't that bad.
    Abdo shniba says thanks.
  11. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    ^ thank you very much but what I mean is that there is no option for igpu, here is a pic [​IMG]

what should I do?
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. Miguelitus

Miguelitus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Abdo shniba

I got same problem, i have i5-3570k and Asus P8Z77 M (Bios v1206)
    PCIE and PCI are only options :wtf:
    I down wanna use a discrete card, but i use one because is only option to see bios

Not which of the two components has the fault, processor or motherboard :confused:
    iGPU hd 4000 is in processor, but the mother may have some fault too
  13. Kenshai

Thanks Received:
    Set it to auto in that setting. There may be an option under cpu configuration, but auto should do the trick install the drivers and see what it does. Mine is on auto, but windows detected it just fine. Granted I'm using an ASRock board. I imagine they can be only so different.
  14. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Granted i have a few more options than you in Advanced / System Agent Conguration / Graphic Configurations. The pull down menu on mine does give me the option of iGPU.

Did you update the bios ? and if you did, Did you do a reset CLR and set everything to default. I do it out of habit.

If your just talking about Intel Quick Sync. Thats ASIC. You need to find software that supports it but you dont have to do anything to your system.

You dont have to install anything just have a cable to connect to the motherboard video connectors.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  15. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    set it to auto, and connect your monitor to the onboard video outputs. thats it.
  16. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    thanks for your replays guys, Mussels, I've tried and nothing happened, it wont post, I even removed the dGPU to try and still it wont post, it's driving me crazy.

PS I'm using the latest bios v1205.

Edit: what I meant is that no picture appears on screen unless I connect the hdmi cable to my VGA
  17. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    That's weird. Have you installed the driver for iGPU?
  18. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I've tried, but a message appears stating that there is no compatible hardware detected

Edit: to be exact, the message says this computer doesn't meet the minimum requirement to install the software ;(
    I know I've a powerful GPU but the intel hd 4000 and lucid virtu was one of the selling "buying actually" points for me, because I want to use it's features.
  19. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
  20. Xzibit

Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Something is wrong with your bios. Your EUFI should match mine since there all similar.

You sure you flashed it all the way through ? EUFIs are different then the old ones. Get a USB put the 1205 bios in there. Use Easy Flash from within the EUFI. Point to the file on the USB it will check it and copy it, It will reboot come back to EUFI load and then check itself and load the new one.

You should try Clearing the CMOS and setting the defaults.

This is what you should be getting @ 5:22
  21. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I,ve tried both, the same happens, thanks though

I've flashed it using the bios flash back button, however I'll try what you told me and will tell you guys what happens, thank you very much.

Edit: I've checked the video and I see that I have the first option only, the other 3 are missing, I knew there was something wrong, oh well.
  22. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    unfortunately, it didn't work, I've re updated the bios using Easy Flash utility, cleared the CMOS and then restored the default setting and nothing, it wont recognize the iGPU, still no picture appears when I plug the hdmi cable into the MoBo, also, the 3 options in the graphics configuration are still missing ;(.
    I don't know what to do anymore!
  23. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    guys, I've uninstalled the asus gtx 670 from the MoBo, then removed the battery and cleared Cmos, when I plugged the hdmi cable into the MoBo and and tried to power up the PC, it wont post at all it just keep making the error peep sound and the PCIE leds are on indicating that there is something wrong,
    is there any possibility that either the CPU or the MoBo being faulty? I don't know cause everything else is great, I can play crysis 2 dx11 with high res texture pack on ultra smoothly with no problem, Can anyone give me an advise about what should I do? anything?
  24. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

Try reseating the CPU [check for bent pins] and reseat memory [boot with minimal hardware]

atb (all the best)

Law-II
  25. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I've checked, there is no bent pins, also tried booting with minimal hardware as you said an still nothing!

thanks though.

as I've said in my previous post, everything else works great this the only thing that bothers me.