1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't Enable iGPU!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Abdo shniba, Jul 12, 2012.

1. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    ya know read your motherboard manual.

2. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Does the HD 4000 graphics show up in your device manager with your 600-series nVidia card still installed?

3. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    No, it doesn't :banghead:.

4. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    is this supposed to be funny?

5. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    I think it's supposed to be a troll. Does it show up if you remove your 670?

6. bobodori

bobodori

Thanks Received:
    Abdo shniba-I know i'ts completely unlogical ,but have you tried setting to PCI,then remove your dedicated GPU and connect the monitor cable to the mainboard?I'ts important that the cable is connected before starting the PC.If that does not work,well i think you have bad CPU

7. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    hahaha I guess it is, and no it doesn't show up when I remove the GPU :banghead:.

I haven't tried changing the settings to PCI, just removed the GPU, and I don't think the CPU is faulty cause it's perfect.

do you guys advise me to try that, "changing the setting to PCI...."

8. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    the onboard will be covered as 'PCI'

to be honest, something is weird. does your motherboard have the latest BIOS installed? maybe it doesnt support the GPU in your CPU

9. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I have the latest bios version installed, and it's z77 MoBo with Z77 CPU how come it doesn't support it? I think I'm missing something, but again I've tried everything, ooohh I dont know :confused:.

10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i'm really not sure either. it could well be a faulty motherboard or CPU.

Abdo shniba says thanks.
  11. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I sure hope not ;(, I've passed my return window, and even so what would I tell them when they ask about the reason, they both works great.

12. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    if the onboard video doesnt work at all, its still covered by warranty. at the very least they could test it and determine where the fault is.

13. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    Can you post a screenshot of your EUFI bios screen in EZ Mode or the Main tab in Advance Mode

Also the screen right before you go into the Primary Display option window

Advanced / System Agent Configuration

14. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    here they are, hope you caan help me with something

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. bobodori

bobodori

Thanks Received:
    Yes,try changing to pci,save the bios,shut down the PC,connect the vga cable to the mainboard,boot.But beware that if your mainboard does not seek the vga cable connection,you can end up with not seeing nothing on the monitor,even if you put the dedicated GPU later.Worth trying if you have clear cmos button,or you can remove the cmos battery to revert to default cmos settings,so you can again post from the dedicated.

Also intel iGPUs use the DVI connector as primary,so you have to enable iGPU multi-monitor setting in bios.If you try to post from the iGPU with VGA cable ,you have to enable the setting.

I have old AsRock K10N78FullHD-hSLI R3.0 ,with integrated gf8200,that post's from the GPU that the cable is connected to,whatever settings are stored in the BIOS(onboard,pci or pci express).But my new AsRock z77 extreme 4 post's from whats saved in the UEFI.:wtf:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  16. Xzibit

Thanks Received:
    You said you tried it with out your 670 card and it didnt post.

Take out the video card. Plug monitor to your motherboard DVI/VGA. Start it up cold boot. If it doesnt post and gives a beep. CTRL+Alt+Del, yeah sounds dumb but try it. It should reset and throw u into the bios with defaults to whatever was causing your issue.

Last thing i would try is flashing BIOS backward

To see if anyone gives you the iGPU option in the BIOS to activate it. Clear the CMOS each time by swtiching the jumper. You dont have to take the battery out, Just make sure the computer is off and the power cord is un-plugged from power supply and the switch is open. It will use the power from the battery to reset itself. Wait 10second then put the jumper back to default. Plug power cord back in, flip the PSU switch to active, cross-fingers and toes and power it up see what u get.

Dont change anything just load defaults and restart the pc and go back in to the BIOS see if you get the iGPU options.

17. bobodori

bobodori

Thanks Received:
    It seems like there are some asus owners ,experiencing the same issue ,only after updating their bios,so flashing backwards looks like the best option.

18. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Don't flash too often though, EEPROM has limited write cycles. You should only do it if you have to.

19. Miguelitus

Miguelitus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Tomorrow I will try test my i5 3570k in another two motherboard (h6X and H77) in my office for test onboard graphics.
    If processor send image i send motherboard to rma, but first I will take another ddr3 generic module because I suspect the problem is related to frecuency or incompatibility ddr3 ram, I have mushking enchanced blackline 2133mhz

I dont have iGPU option, can't pass post, I need use a dedicate card for see bios
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

20. Miguelitus

Miguelitus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Abdo Shniba, Today I test my 3570K in another motherboard (Gigabyte H77...) whiout discrete card and it work perfect with
    I take some memory kingtone 1333 and test It in my motherboard but nothing.
    Tomorrow I send my motherboard to the warranty

21. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    it, didn't work :banghead:, but thanks anyway.

22. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    this is strange :wtf:, don't you think?

23. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    I'll try this :D, hope it works :respect:, thank you very much ;).

Edit: I tried and it didn't again, i'll try downgrading the bios '' my last option'', just want to ask how should I do it? Do I remove the gtx 670 and try flashing it via bios flashback button? Any advices suggestios would be appreciated :).

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  24. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    You need to read pages 3-3 and 3-20 in your manual. 3-3 discusses setting your motherboard BIOS to Advanced settings. 3-20 discusses configuring the iGPU to work with a PCI-E video card. Once you load Windows, you will then have two video cards listed in the Device Manager. Load the driver for each--does not matter what order that takes place in. Then load the Virtu MVP software.

If that works, you owe us an apology for not reading the manual.

25. Abdo shniba

Thanks Received:
    if you tried reading off the thread you would have known that there is no option for iGPU, smart boy!