1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't install CatalystCC

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by ucanmandaa, Nov 1, 2010.

1. ucanmandaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, i cant seem to install CCC. About a week ago I put the 4850s back in to my q6600 system. They got automatically recognized by windows without even need to a restart. 10.4a drivers where installed at that time. Today i installed HAWX 2 benchmark and run it.
    Then my troubles begun. I decided to install 10.10 drivers to see if there are any differences. Uninstalled 10.4a, rebooted, run driver sweeper in safe mode and rebooted again to finally install 10.10s only to find out the installer wont find my cards....
    I did a manual driver install through device manager and they are working right now (not sure about crossfire though)
    Still cant install CCC, can someone help me out?

2. Achilles1600

Achilles1600 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just install the display driver and not the ccc, and it will work that's what i had to do. :toast:

3. ucanmandaa New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crossfire wont work without ccc... this is driving me nuts!

4. Sir_Real

Sir_Real New Member

Thanks Received:
    1st, empty your recycle bin

2nd, system search for: AtiCimUn

3rd, click it to uninstall all old drivers.

4th, Then search: ATI

5th, Delete anything in to do with ATI ccc & ati drivers: program files,temp folders & system32 folder. Will contain files. There will be alot of driver backup .dll files just delete the hole lot.

6th, Then run the ATI driver & ccc installer

If you have any ill effects like file missing errors just find it in your recycle bin & restore that file or the hole lot if need be. ;)