1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant Install XP on a SATA

Discussion in 'General Software' started by acousticlemur, Feb 15, 2007.

1. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i was going to mention about it possibly being set to run in ahci mode before he sorted it, i had the same dang problem when i used my first sata hadd i was like WFT!! :wtf: then figured out setting the sata drive to ide mode in the bios fixed it doh! :slap:

2. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Mine performs better in AHCI mode. Had it in IDE, but it was laggy.

3. Yin

Yin

Thanks Received:
    not in all cases.... and it doesnt hurt to try, i have to install my sata controller after windows has fully install, i got a asus a8n-sli premium its different but does it hurt to try?

4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Then yours falls into the category of "drivers already on the XP install disk". Which, in my experience, is actually quite lucky for you. I wish mine were that way. lol

5. Yin

Yin

Thanks Received:
    eh i dunno... i got sata drivers on my mb cd all that did was cause more problems so i didnt bother pressing f6 one day and it solved my problems

6. acousticlemur

acousticlemur New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah i got it, i just had to use the SATA drivers from myt mobo cd and put them on a fllopy. i was trying to use my hard drive drivers the whole time not even thinking that the problem was the mobo drivers. but it works fine now and i Super Pi about 4 seconds faster now. woo hoo i guess!! haha, thanks for all the advise!!

7. Testing New Member

Thanks Received:
    Errr I swore I PMd you yesterday and said use motherboard drivers..

Well go get Nlite and add them to the disk, be just your luck you forget all this the next time around :)