1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant log into XP untill re-activated

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Tomcat81970, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Tomcat81970

Tomcat81970 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So far this has happened twice to me. When i changed the motherboard, processor, ram and vga in these two systems, i was greeted with the "need to re-activate" windows window. Which is fine with me, but the stupid part is that you need to log in to change your network drivers (for your new mobo) so you can re-activate windows. But windows wont let you log in until you re-activate windows... which requires intrenet.... Anyone know a way arround this so i dont have to completely reload windows. :confused:

2. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, theres a few illegal ways, but your best bet is calling microsoft. they're usually pretty good about it.

3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    just call them...do a phone activation. dont waste your time (or data) on illegal methods.

4. randomperson21

randomperson21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    believe it or not, microsoft doesn't bite......hehe.

5. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah the phone activation people are quite helpful actually

6. newmodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    they are indeed very good about giving you a new activation key, take it from me, i had to call them on three different ocasions and got a new key each time for the same OS.Just say you are doing a reinstall. after a bad Bios update or something, tell ya the truth they dont really care what happened...:)

7. Tomcat81970

Tomcat81970 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i fiddled arround with it last night and adventually called them, got the code and it worked thanks anyways. Also how does that key work if it doesnt have internet? Is it a special code built into my cd so that it just reconizes it and it works? if it is can i use it an infiniate amount on that cd so i no longer need to activate it over the internet?

8. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    the way to get around is to uninstall every hardware driver you have installed before you upgrade, this happeneds because the windows xp is locked to the bios old versions of windows you could just ghost copies onto new systems which is why microsoft changed this to stop the piracy issue