• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't override PCI Subsystem ID with -6

ptrang

There was one with ID checks bypassed for AMPERE which was posted in some buried thread here a few months ago, to allow laptop users to crossflash to a higher TDP Bios of the same family.
Based on 5.670.0. I can't find the original thread or discussion however.

Thank you so much for attaching it. Really saved my butt. No idea how I was able to use the official nvflash to flash a VBIOS with the wrong board id, but it wouldn't let me flash back to the factory VBIOS until I used your nvflash.

bufulo

There was one with ID checks bypassed for AMPERE which was posted in some buried thread here a few months ago, to allow laptop users to crossflash to a higher TDP Bios of the same family.

This version is the only one that worked for me as well. One of the other versions (I forget which) that I used to force the update (to a newer version from a very slightly different DeviceID, which did succeed in writing the newer BIOS) resulted in the PCI Subsystem ID set to 0000.0000 and PCI subsystem ID mismatch error. For whatever reason, it allowed me to flash the original ROM when none of the versions posted here at TPU would, including that Joe Dirt version I found somewhere here or someplace else. I tried 3 other versions but only the one you posted worked and unbricked my bricked GPU.

Thanks! Any idea what this version is called? This version should be posted to the Downloads on TPU with a special name!

Gierap

dude you saved my rig thanks alot after flashing some bios i got black screen no access to bios anything so i had to disassemble card and wire first and last pins on card bios, others nvflashes didnt recognize my card but this hacked version did and thanks to that i backedup card bios i was availeble to flash it back after hours of struggling. i hope my card will work for me as it worked and will serve me for years what a stupid idea was to changing bios guys dont do that it will save your time and nerves