1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't run Crysis in XP64

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ben Clarke, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    OK, so. I just installed XP x64, and Crysis. When I run the shortcut, it gives me "launch64 has encountered an error". When I run the Crysis64.exe from the Bin64 folder, I get the same, but with Crysis64 instead of launch64. Running from the disk doesnt work either. I'm running 1.0 of Crysis, XP has all the latest updates. Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Ben

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Umm had no problems with the demo. Maybe you need to turn off DEP and turn on compatibility mode ?

How to turn off DEP

Right click My Computer select Properties
    Left Click Advanced Tab
    Under Performance Click settings
    Tabs at top Ones is called Data Execution Prevention Click it.
    Select second option Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those i select.
    Reboot be needed i believe
    Add your program to the list

How t turn on Compatibility Mode

Right click the Crysis shortcut and select properties
    The tab called Compatibility click it
    Under Compatibility Mode tick the box and try putting it on Windows XP.

Other thoughts are you the admin of computer ?. And have you updated XP x64 with SP2 and all other updates ?.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  3. warhammer New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Just installed, no luck. Trying a repair install now.

5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  6. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    Clicking in the directory does, but how do I set it so I don't need to do that everytime I play the game?

7. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    OK, got it running with a shortcut. But... there are no objects in game. The intro movie had no trees, no statue... nothing. Just fog and a blue light. Why?

8. surfsk8snow.jah

surfsk8snow.jah

Thanks Received:
    Ya I'm running the same, and I had to do some finagling with the in-directory shortcut vs. the default one installed on your desktop. You have to use the x64 one specifically. And also, I run dual monitors; that was causing some problems, but I just made sure to start on square monitor as default, with no other apps open in 2nd monitor, and I don't click alt-tab to the second monitor either, that crashes it. But I never experienced anything with the no objects. I've had a couple other weird visual bugs, (like the sky having water effects, mirroring the ground & trees, etc.) altho they never really mess anything up.

9. daboggeyman

daboggeyman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I run Crysis with XP Pro 64bit with out problem. There is an opp. to run in 64 or 32 bit mod.
    Have you tried adjusting your video settings? Might try the default setting to start and go from there. Update your video card drivers also.

10. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    I'm runniong the 7.12 drivers... the 8.x screw things up. (green lines all over the place, severe lag). I'm going to reinstall now, see if that helps...

11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I think you have too little memory (both vid. card and system) to be running Crysis on XP 64. It may be the reason you aren't getting any objects, it's lagging that much! I could be totally wrong, and it could be some sort of software problem, but good luck.

12. joker71

joker71 New Member

Thanks Received:
    crysis

1) u can not turn off dep in xp or vista
    2) crysis runs only on vista 32 & 64 bit
    3) its not build for xp or xp64 bit version
    4) look at the crytek website for support

http://www.crytek.com

13. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    1.) You can most certainly can turn off DEP in XP and XP64. I know, I do it, and have a screenshot to confirm.
    [​IMG]
    2.) Crysis runs on more than Vista. Ask the dozens of members on this forum that run it in XP.
    3.) Please refer to #2
    4.) Fair enough. lol.

14. joker71

joker71 New Member

Thanks Received:
    no not fair enough, u can´t shutdown dep only exclude u noob i work for microsoft more than 10 years so i know more than u think to know

15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Umm Not sure about Vista but i can turn of DEP for my comp and my older one(Both XP 32bit\64bit ).

Xp nt supported thats odd. However it don't say it supports 64bit there ( GAME PLATFORM
    PC (WindowsXP and Windows VISTA) )
    http://www.crytek.com/games/crysis/overview/

Crysis played fine on this system with x64

Try this link see what it says for you
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/ea_usa?registration_option_id=5610

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  16. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

But even if you were not able to disable it which you are ( I am sure Wile E would of noticed if you cannot ) you say your self you can exclude that means by pass DEP which means you CAN turn it off for each program you select....

Me thinks MS need new workers if your the example..

17. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    I think even MS employees would be a lot more mature than that guy, I think he's lying.

Also, I agree with erocker, you have too little memory, Even with 2Gb I get stuttering when loading new objects.

I'm running XP64 right now, and I have absolutely no problems with Crysis. Runs everytime. I think you could do with doing a bit of maintenance. Uninstall, defrag, clean out your harddrives, spyware sweeps etc.

Also, the 8.x drivers gave me big improvements on my 3870 over the 7.12s. Try using a driver cleaner program to get rid of 7.12, THEN install the 8.x drivers, there seems to be problems with just upgrading the drivers you currently have.

18. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    The 8.2 was a clean install from no drivers, had the same problem with x32 drivers. Anyway, I swiched back to 32 bit XP, hopefully it'll fix some of my problems. Thanks for all the help anyway.

@erocker - That may be. But it ran fine with just the 1GB before in medium quality, and pretty well in high, but lagging a little in high.

19. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    If you exclude, it is off. Same damn thing. Don't come in here insulting my intelligence, when you're the one giving false information about Crysis. Post reported.

20. joker71

joker71 New Member

Thanks Received:
    when u exlcude than its not off,the dep will not check the file thats it, and yes u are a noob simple and what about your intelligence that about 0.0 on the iq scale i dont give false info my info is correct, so report i am not scared not for u or anything else. :pimp:

21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    If it is excluding everything, it is off. In case you didn't know (which is pretty apparent), you add the /noexecute=alwaysoff switch to your boot.ini, and it disables DEP.

Here is proof straight from Microsoft: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms791539.aspx

Any other questions?

22. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    lol what a nub, pwned, and i second wile's previous notion, you can't work for ms, and if you do your a porter nothing more. gg with being a nub buddy

23. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Joker 71, insulting people usually isn't tolerated here. It's also a bad way to make friends. And lying is bad too.:slap: Have a bad day today? Wile E is very smart. Everyone here knows that and will tell you that. Do you understand? Say your sorry and be nice.:)

24. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received: