1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't store cookies

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Pinchy, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am on Win7 64bit with IE8.

My problem is that my cookies save, but only for a while. What I mean is, I will type username and PW into a site (eg TPU) then a random time later (days/week), all my cookies will go on all my sites.

Its strange because if I "remember" password, it does actually remember it, however it doesnt automatically have me logged in (I have to re-log in, only it knows my credentials).

I had the EXACT problem on vista 64, but I thought I would leave it coz I got win7 and assumed a fresh format with new OS would fix it. I was wrong :p.

Other details are, I can't remember it happening in IE7, but it could have. Also, it could have started when I upgraded my ESET security suite from 3 to 4, but I have gone through the options and found nothing.

Ive looked around the net and have read about similar problems, but none like mine.

Also, inbe4 "change to firefox/chrome/safari" lol.
  2. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you've deleted your cache during that time is Preserve Favorites website data unchecked?

You may want to try to refresh the log in screen. Your username and password may then re-appear.

Ninja Edit:
    Some believe that the issue is caused by yahoo tool bar. Read this article as some think it can solve the problem.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    Pinchy says thanks.
  3. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I rarely/never delete my cache, but that option was checked and now I have unchecked it.

Yeah as I said, the forms do remember the username and password so if I press the username field and select my username the password does come up - it's just it doesn't keep me logged in.

Also yeah I read about that Yahoo toolbar, but I don't think I have installed anything on top of IE, let alone a toolbar.