1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cant use my HDTV as sole monitor via HDMI

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ShahJahan, Apr 5, 2012.

1. ShahJahan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello.

My specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x2 560 (unlocked to x4)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3515#ov
    RAM: 4GB 1600MHz
    Monitor: Toshiba 24HV10E 24" HDTV http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/product_details.jsp?productid=24HV10E

I have a Toshiba 24HV10E 24" HDTV and I wish to use it as my sole monitor using HDMI. My motherboard has an HDMI port with integrated HD 4250 graphics. When I use the VGA monitor, I get the display BUT when using HDMI then I don't. I tried using the VGA monitor and then extended the desktop and that didn't work. The only option that worked was duplicate the desktop. But then it works to the maximum resolution of the VGA monitor of 1280x1024.

After setting duplicate, I thought that now since it's working, I removed the VGA monitor. But then the HDMI doesn't work. But if I connect the VGA along with HDMI then it works. But it only works WHEN windows has loaded. That is it doesn't show the BIOS, POSTing and loading windows screen. It starts with the welcome screen. But the VGA shows everything.

I tried running the HDTV before booting the system. Running the monitor AFTER the system has completed booting. Unpluging and replugging the HDMI cable. But still can't use the HDTV as a sole monitor. I works only alongside with VGA monitor and only in duplicate desktop settings with max 1280x1024 resolution.

Kindly help with a solution.
  2. NHKS

NHKS New Member

Thanks Received:
  3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    make sure that the resolution is set correctly on the PC for your HDTV and also make sure the refresh rate is set correctly for your HDTV on your PC.
    your settings should be 1920x1080 and refresh is 60Hz
  4. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

this- on the HD TV Select the video input source to view
    Refer to the TV Manual Page 11 heading "Selecting the video input source to view"

Example:
    TV
    VIDEO1
    VIDEO2
    HDMI (TV input Must be on HDMI)

Limitations of Motherboard
    (Note 2) The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    (Note 3) You can use only one of the onboard digital graphics ports (HDMI and DVI-D) for output when in BIOS Setup program or when during the POST screens. this-(Use HDMI)

Download site for user manual for HDTV
    http://www.toshiba.com.my/product/product_details.jsp?productid=24HV10E

hope this helps

atb (all the best)

Law-II
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    You get a big blue line when your booting ?. Although they might of got rid of that line since mines a 4 year old REZGA and it's perfectly normal..

The scanning fair slow on them still, so by time it's detected a connection it's past the bios. This is when you learn your computer even better like knowing when to hit that DEL key to get in the bios which is when your keyboard lights come on ;).

I use mine as Main + extended to my 204B Samsung LCD without issue. Although i DO NOT use the Analog port i use the DVI port.

If you want to see more of your bios 1st make sure your screen is turned on 1st and use the pause key on the keyboard.