1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't wait for the new expansion of Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AmieeLouire, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ...PACMAN...

...PACMAN...

Thanks Received:
    I get nothing but stutter in Diablo III, it's the only game I have tried that does it. Was too off putting to get into it.

2. Freedom4556

Freedom4556

Thanks Received:
    Eh, that's a perfectly valid opinion. It probably doesn't help my perspective that I payed them in the other order (D2 -> D1 -> D3). I guess it's that cartoonish nature that I found most unappealing. When the resolution was so low on the others, my mind must have imagined it was grittier and more horrifying somehow. D3 just felt like a letdown in this regard. It's probably just because after all this time I've become more experienced and jaded as gamer.

3. rougal

rougal

Thanks Received:
    After watching streamers playing RoS Beta, it seems pointless for anyone to play d3 now, all the items in the current D3 will become crap in RoS, and all the Paragon progress can be achieved easily. But comparing RoS with PoE, gameplay/race/PVP PoE is a bit better game (Not on the graphic side though)

4. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I don't get everyone who says D2 was better than D3, it's in essence the same game with better graphics and sound.
    Grind grind grind, more gold, better gear, trade, trade, repeat.

What I see as common complaints about Diablo is simply complaints about the type of game it is... It's a basic dungeon crawler of get better gear, grind it on out.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised by the expansion, I have a few ideas of my own but honestly I think they may have done a pretty good job here at fixing a lot of things for a lot of players.
    I doubt this will bring back much interest in playing softcore, however this may bring back some hardcore fun for me.

5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    To fans the difference can be huge. To me most FPS games are the same, but I know BF4 is not the same game as BF3. And aren't all FPS games basicly Doom anyway? Isn't Starcraft 2 just Starcraft with fancy graphics? Wasn't Supreme Commander just TA with fancy fancypants? Isn't Fallout 3 just Fallout 2 in 3D (go ahead and make a thread about that on the No Mutants Allowed forums)? Isn't Skyrim Fallot 3 without guns?

I never got D3, will probably get it when they close the aution house and all that.

6. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    I'm trying to relate to the common complaints I always hear;

"Great gear is too hard to get, I always get garbage"
    "I have bad gear / started late, it's so hard to catch up to everyone else"
    "This char is OP, that build is OP"

I have a feeling it might have more to do with expectations that have grown over 12 years.

7. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I think RoS is going to be the nail-in-the-coffin for D3. Diablo 2 was a huge trading game. Taking the Auction House out of the equation completely ruins the game. Now everyone will be trading on 3rd party sites, just like D2. All this account bound crap is...well crap. I flipped Billions of gold on the AH and have some really nicely geared characters. However now that i63 items will be worthless once RoS comes out it will be the end of the D3 saga for me.

8. rougal

rougal

Thanks Received:
    I stopped playing D3 soon after watching RoS BETA streams... No point in playing now until the a new patch or RoS comes out. All current D3 items will be worthless compared to the new legendaries and rares. Even Gold and paragon leveling is very easy in RoS, Just do the bounties and Rifts to get gold and exp..

9. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I dont thin i will be back into this game,or maybe will jsut try it on PS4 just t get different experience.

10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Me and 2 buddies just installed path of exile and gave it a try.. It feels like a great diablo alternative, but it was just stupidly easy.

11. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Played it too it remainds more of diablo then actual diablo 3 itself.It is easy at first but later on solo is hard

12. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    The skill tree in it is pretty epic.. just wish it was harder

13. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I had that complaint too, and luckily some of my friends informed me that the initial play through is joke easy so you get a feel for the game. Apparently when you get past that though it is a hatefest of murderous monsters. I haven't gotten to that point yet but I am interested to see if my character build holds up in the harder difficulty.

I find it interesting the way people complain about Diablo 3. Looking at your points:

1. Great gear is harder to get in Diablo 3, but that's also because you could just chear in Diablo 2 and duping items was so easy it was comical. That's why the game has always online, so people can't just spawn characters in third party software and skip straight to being a murderous harbinger of death. You also have to consider that most gamers who played Diablo 2 at launch are no much older, and don't have as much time as they used to, so they consider any amount of time they spend as wasted unless they are constantly getting amazing loot.

2. It's easier than ever to get caught up since decent items are so cheap on the AH. With like 1m Gold I was able to replace 2/3 of my gear after 6 months of not playing and plow through Act 2 Inferno.

3. Unlike in Diablo 2? That's a laugh. Diablo 2 gave you more choices but there were certain specs that a lot of people used because they were comically powerful. I remember one of the Amazon and Sorcerer (can't remember what the exact class names were) specs were basically bread and butter and allowed you to kill everything on the map with ease. Diablo 3 doesn't have any specs like that which I know of.

Another common complaint is that the game is super repetative and you run the same stuff over and over--you know, because nobody just chain ran Baal in D2, they continually went to different parts of the story to farm gear right? No. Diablo 2 was just as bad if not worse since it didn't have Monster Power and was very lazy about procedural content generation.

14. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Despite all the facts u wrote diablo 2 for me was more addicitng than d3.diablo2 made me allways return but D3 when i finished it 3difficulties thats it it stopped to intereste completely

15. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Haha a release date just popped up and its set for March 25, 2014 thank god we don't need to wait 15 years for an expansion.

16. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Why do you think there removing it.

17. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Damage is only done for people that have already clocked the game if you really cared you would start over fresh.

18. caleb

Thanks Received:
    Right, yet those subtle differences can really fuck up a game, amazing isn't it? I guess the case with diablo is that we are older now and have less time to rape it night and day. Game gives an oversimplified feeling with that skill tree and non editable attributes with each level. I don't know why but I enjoyed experimenting with characters even if it meant replaying the char all over again. Really miss that in D3.

Regarding that addon, Id give this game a go again but a full game price for a single ACT ? Come on

19. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Just Blizzard milking one of their cash cows as usual.
    Look at Wow. Pay for the game, pay a monthly subscription, pay for each expansion, pay for exclusive pets, etc. etc.
    You can compare what with CCP's EVE Online where you pay the monthly subscription and everything is free from then on.

That being said, I really liked D3 so I might check it out again when Reaper of Souls gets launched.

20. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Aye the world have changed a lot since D2 came out.

Paying for expansions I really don't see a problem with. The shop is dumb but you don't have to use it and it does not give you an advantage anyway. And it depends on how it's done I suppose, people complain about SC2's pricing but forget that each game is almost as long as the original anyway.

21. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    Seeing they have increased the rank to 70 that makes all AH items now worthless.

22. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    So, what does everyone think about Patch 2.0. I do not like the changes so far. Wizard got nerfed into oblivion. No more Archon and complete removal of critical mass.

23. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    WHA ? the changes are awesome. They got rid of all the crap that drops and what drops is actually used for crafting. Sorry to me that's cleaning shit up massive time as before all you could see was 100's of blue crap and you would not see yellows in the due to it..

Wiz still kicks ass plenty you just need to get used to how to is all.. I seen them wipe though the hardest in a 4 player game with no issue..

The cool D2 lighting is back with a little extra and poison now does different things and they have mixed the bosses up too..

As for AH just craft shit better than whats needed to play the game..

In the end i think they done a awesome job this time truly see the effort they have actually put in to it.

24. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I have playex 25 paragon levels since the patch. There are some nice new features. Same content though and items kinda suck. Everything is basically 200-300 prime stat and vitality with a bonus modifier to either elemental or resources..nothing spectacular. I still end up vendoring 99% of the items.

Wizards got a serious nerf with cm removal. But i do like some of the new skills. At least i like the buff to disintegrate.

25. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    I like the changes so far, loot is much more useful, started new char and didn't have to visit auction house at all, low level legendary weapons also drop sometimes ...
    I just break down everything I don't use because I somehow expect some crazy new crafting recipes to drop also.