1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't wait for the new expansion of Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AmieeLouire, Nov 6, 2013.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I've returned to playing recently, but rerolled onto HC for some spice. But sadly the last 3 days are all rubberbanding and lag. Watched my wifes HC toon die (low level toon though), just 30 seconds of her rubberbanding, couldn't move, couldn't use a potion, she just sat there and slowly died.

2. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if they put Diablo inside a soul stone inside another soul stone inside yet another soul stone if it would finally keep the little bastard trapped inside for good. Maybe they need to invent a better prison. :laugh:

3. R2Dani New Member

Thanks Received:
    But that would mean you were talking about story, and Diablo III didn't have one, right? Just pure gameplay and some clever vocal cues, and absolutely nothing about 10-minute cutscenes that always seem to happen when your character is 20 feet away?

Right? :(

Vario says thanks.
  4. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    As far as hack and slash rpg stories go, diablo 3 story is fine ... full of clichees just as expected ... as you probably have guessed, the fun is in the gameplay, not that much in the story.

5. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    enjoying it a lot as a wizard. they didnt remove archon at all? i certainly still use it.

the new loot drops something useful for a level 60 at least every hour - me and JC play together, and every day in a 2 hour session we're getting at least one legendary each, on torment I. it'll be even higher on torment 2+

auction house going away is 50/50 for me... i think it needed to stay, at least for gold. RMAH needed to go. now what do i do if i want a specific set item? how do i farm for it?

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Auction house is sweet how ever people take advantage of it and it just gets stupidly over priced. Which is why i happy about the account binding although not 100% as there is some one who you want to help or be helped by and because of those who abused it it's gone.

Wizard nerfed lol.. Well if it was they should do it again as it's way over powered and like what happened with the barby dolls everyone must have one.

7. Vario

Vario

Thanks Received:
    LOL I skipped D3. Watched my friend play it and decide it wasn't my style. I have probably played thousands of hours of D2, a couple hundred of D1.

8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Watched him play it when ?.. The 2.0 has changed shit that's for sure

Vario says thanks.
  9. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    massively. the way paragon works now is amazing and how it should have been from the beginning.

i've seen people like asrock with paragon levels insanely high around 180 - and if he starts a new character, he gets those paragon points instantly boosting his char. he gets his shared chest, shared gold, upgraded artisans... and basically free powerups.

this makes replaying with a new character heaps faster, and lots more fun.

Vario says thanks.
  10. rougal

rougal

Thanks Received:
    People should just try to gain higher paragons while the 50% bonus is still on... legendaries are just bonuses because Ilvl60 cap legendaries will certainly be overshadowed by the RoS ilvl70 legendaries. After RoS if they follow trough like BETA, adventure mode/infinite bounty hunt is the only way the gain big exp faster than campaign.. I am happy to do T4 max with my wiz.. I really like the new way u can customize skill tree and gear accordingly and not really stuck with 1 all rounder builds like CMWiz or WWbarb that everyone uses like before.. and the clan members can see what others loot without being in the same game... Hoping to get to Paragon 350 before RoS hits..

11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Never said they removed Archon...They removed the ability to keep Archon up by killing to add time. Now it's a pathetic 20 seconds and you get bonus damage per kill, it sucks. However I have seen some promising builds with Reduced Time skills/items that make it so you are out of archon for 6 seconds before you can recast. With level 70 items I'm betting it will be possible to stay archon 100% of the time, or ready to cast as soon as it drops.

Either way the buffs to other skills and items with direct elemental damage increases are big.

Mussels says thanks.
  12. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    im enjoying the new patch and am at para lvl 33, planning on pre ordering on the 20th to be ready for NOT being able to play on the 25th :p o patch tuesday :banghead:

Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I taking some rest for now,got paragon 48 i think,easy going on 4 difficulty,but tourment is killing me.

14. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    in certain areas you could have infinite archon, which was just silly. i like how its now a temporary superpower mode.

15. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    I doubt Blizzard will allow that. They will probably make it like WoW where with higher levels you need more of each stat to hit certain percentages. Diablo 3 already has a lot of these scaling mechanics and it would be silly to have something like Archon up 100% of the time.

16. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    You will be able to keep Archon up for 20 seconds as the skill states, however the skill will have cooled down while you were in Archon and recast the second it drops. So it is going to be possible or so close that by the time you recast your buffs Archon will be ready. That is nearly doable now.

Helm 9.5% Diamond
    i63 Shoulder 5%
    i63 Gloves 6%
    Evocation 20%
    Paragon 10%

1 - ( .905*.95*.94*.8*.9) = .418 or 41.8% Cool Down.

100 - 41.8% = 58.2 Seconds... -20 seconds = 38.2 remaining. Still that's pretty good from a 100 seconds cool down. 1 more item with cool down or higher levels with i70 could make an even bigger difference.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  17. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Time for a wiz nerfing.. There way to over powered now never mind that shit too lol.

18. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    how about noooooooo

19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    They wont till later like they did with DH and the barb.. They will always have one better than the other as it gets more people to play different chars.

20. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Well no more AH. I did get some good deals at least. Also sold a ton of stuff off. Sold off enough gold to purchase RoS and still have a good amount in reserve. Anyone else make any good last minute purchases? I picked up a sweet Tals Amulet for a sweet deal.

21. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Torments a big jump, especially if you add people, mobs life totals really climb. I learned my lesson on my WD, been playing HC and got my WD to 60, got him setup well, was playing T2 with my friend with no real issues, but ended up dieing on the Butcher when the Butcher was at less than 1%... Died to his enrage mechanic since my friends really tanky, he brought no DPS and the fight just took too long.

DannibusX says thanks.
  22. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i was saving up gold to buy a few legendaries i wanted, but then realised they'll be toocrap for level 70 anyway :(

23. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I will drink a Coke and have a smoke in memory of a lost WD.

WD is my main, but I'm not a HC player. I love the class so much. Do you have any normal characters? I'm 5 levels out from having all 5 classes capped. My nerd endorphines are super excited about it.

Torment can be rough, I'm to the point where T3 is a breeze and T4 elites cause me some issues. My index finger is super buff right now though, so there are positives to the 2.0.x patch.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  24. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I run T2-3 for farming XP/Items in multiplayer., With 4 players the elites get a big buff and can slow down progress a lot if your party doesn't have enough DPS. Single Player I run T4 can do T5/6 but is too slow and not efficient, I need more DPS.

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I have a 60 Barb and Wizz on Normal, but I haven't played them in over a year, gears been reworked so much since they played they have very low toughness, use to run MP10 on the Barb, his DPS is still pretty good, but I wouldn't even be comfortable in T1 with him. Same for the Wizz. I've mostly moved to HC just to force myself to have survive mechanics. Working on releveling a WD as we speak and a Wizz and farming some Paragon on my Barb till RoS lands. Then I'm not sure if I'll run one of them to 70 first or level a Crusader.

The most I've stepped into is T2, my Barbs fine there, but to push beyond that I would need either some life on fury spent or a good amount of LoH. I blow down Elite groups within 10 - 15 seconds on T2, but beyond that even with resists over 900 without running a resist shout, I'd need that life gaining ability, at least to be comfortable since death means death.