1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Case Mod???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tilldeath, May 2, 2011.

1. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I'm not to artistic ether but those are amazing mods :)
    tilldeath says thanks.
  3. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    agreed, but how to get one??
  4. craigo

craigo

Thanks Received:
    Machines like those cannot be bought.

I suggest you summon your logic if you lack art skills
    look around the web at other rigs (TPU case gallery is a great place to start)
    you will soon develop an idea of parts you like and that are commonly used by enthusiasts
    you will develop ideas of your own about how things will fit together
    what colours the parts should be...
    by that time your stuffed because you have been bitten by the mod bug
    your only option then is to buy cool stuff and use your god given skill to bolt it all together in a unique way that appeals to you.

GOOD LUCK...HAPPY MODDING
  5. Evolved

Evolved New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow... those are so... pretty looking, seriously.
    I've never seen computers look like that before.

Dangggg! computers can be pimped out as much as cars!
  6. tzitzibp

tzitzibp New Member

Thanks Received:
    I strongly agree that you should plan and create your own modded case...
    it will be a long process but the outcome will be greatly fulfilling!
    you must plan carefully the steps and never rush it...
    If you don't have all the tools for the mods there is a always a local machine shop around....
    and if you need any advice there are many people here at TPU always available to help!

Happy Modding!:toast:
  7. Fatal

Fatal

Thanks Received:
    Kick rocks! :roll:

Naw I can help you bro like I told you it will just take time. Since you are waiting for AMD you have the time to get the case figured out.
  8. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    the best way is make your own case. so you can arrange and put what you need like dual radiator, better cable management, how many drive you gonna put in, form is it mid tower, full etc
    i guess that the best way to make it if you want a perfect case according what you need/want
  9. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks fo rthe help, I'll try to do a rough sketch of what I'd be looking to do and I guess go from there. I just need ot figure what case I want and start the process.
  10. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    i would do it. but im just a noob LOL. and i have mine yet to be finished(i went broke, so cant buy paint and epoxy :( )
  11. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Case sleeving and computers like that do take some artistic know how but not necessarily talent. The biggest thing to look at when building a PC that quote unquote matches in terms of coloring and lighting. Is just a basic understanding of the artists color wheel.

Take it from a artist. If you can get the understanding of the color wheel then the rest is a mechanical understanding of assembly. For example....

To make something look good you have to know the colors you personally like and want. (which is pretty easy because that is just an opinion) Then you need to know what colors are complimentary colors of that color. Meaning what colors go with the color you like.
    For example....If you want your color to based around a Blue.... well then Yellows and lighter oranges would compliment nicely. But if you stuck with like a mood of colors. Then you would look for a shade of colors. Again blue...then it would be light blue purple and so on.

But to give you a little more in depth understanding.... here is a site on it....http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-theory-intro.htm

Like I said once you have a artists understanding of what looks good with what. Then the rest is just dependent on what you can do mechanically and how much money you want to spend. You also want to hide as much as you can. You might want to look at cutting metal and bending plexiglas for this.

The only other advice I would suggest is do not rush your project. Also do not settle for anything half assed either. Take your time and get what you want. It will pay off in the long run!

Last thing there are companies who offer people to buy this type of build..... here is one....http://murderbox.com/home.html
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
    de.das.dude says thanks.
  12. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
  14. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice case and good luck, alot can be done with that.
  15. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    So then my biggest concern is will I have enough space for liquid cooling in this case? I'm not sure on the motherboard yet since I'm waiting on bulldozer. I'll probably be running 8gb ram, and two 6990's. Looking at a Ultra X3 1000W PSU. Koolance CPU water block and a 200mm resivor and a innovatek tank header. Thoughts?
  16. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well there is not much room and Limited space for graphics cards a full loop may not fit. If you can do without the External SATA bay. I have this case with the window http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Xigmatek/Utgard/
    And for the price it has alot of room and set up for a big wc setup with the rads on the inside of case. Got mine from Newegg for $59.99 and free shipping leaves more cash for hardware.
  17. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    Appreciate the help, I think I'll try to make it work with that case, I'd like to cross fire but it's not a must and as far as the SATA it's really a non issue for me I just want a case that can look clean and hold resivor,pump,radiator, and a cpu block. Not really looking for any other cooling. New to this whole cooling so not sure what a full loop is.:wtf:
  18. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    I am smitten by the idea of the "bloody case":

[​IMG]

That is original.
  19. tilldeath New Member

Thanks Received:
    yep pretty epic, if you follow the link on the right it shows the build. Pretty intense!
  20. Dave63

Dave63 New Member

Thanks Received:
    That is epic, Love the clean look. My understanding of a full loop is cpu,gpu,nb, and mem all on water. I am planing a water setup this summer and giving my son the H50 I have now the case i have is the first step have to do a little at a time. Have to move out of New York so I have more cash to play with LOL.