1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

case mods

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by bigbadwolf284, Dec 11, 2005.

1. bigbadwolf284 New Member

Thanks Received:
    anybody have a recomendation if it comes to what kind of paint i should use on the inside of the case?
  2. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean by what kind? Color, or actual type of paint? If you're talking about color, it depends on the color scheme you're going with for your case mod.
  3. bigbadwolf284 New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry i meant type of paint.i know some of the paints having a trouble sticking 2 aluminium etc.should i use an oil base paint,water base.....?
  4. Velocity

Velocity New Member

Thanks Received:
    well gloss enamel is the best as its not sandy like flat paint is... but for a case all your paint is going to be enamel paint... you dont want to use a paint and brush (it will look bad if you do).. so just use spray paint... or powder coat it (at the cost of expense)
  5. Jasmeleg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I painted my old case and am also planning on paint my new case. I would recomend an enamel vs a lacquer. Also clean and prime everything very well.
  6. Anarion New Member

Thanks Received:
    1. dupli-color / basic / haftgrund fur alu (aluminium primer - 4 sure one of the best )

2. """""""""""""/ effect / diamond /diamanteffekt-spray (sparkling glitter , not bad but not very eye catchin /acrylic)

3. """"""""""""/ """""""""/ Chrome / u can't belive shine of this (but after usein it MUST NOT touched by any thing!!!!!)

4. """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" / gold

--------------------------------------

colors (cheap & good)

golriz ssilver, black & red r superbly fine specially silver one (very close to chrome)
  7. bigbadwolf284 New Member

Thanks Received:
    haftgrund fur alu (aluminium primer) is that a metalic paint?
  8. dunnleed08 New Member

Thanks Received:
    so...what's the point

...i thought the whole point to a bad''a computer was the hardware....not how bling'in yo geek box is..........this is an honest question(all sarcasm aside)so please give an honest answer, and not an angry one
  9. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's like a Ricer, the looks are literally just as important as the power. If it's not it's considered a "sleeper" with cars. You just can't pull off a sleeper with PC's, if it doesn't look good but runs good, that can mean anything from you're ignorant and bought it pre-built for $4000, or you're a nerd that renders 3d things, or you're just a lazy gamer, or you don't have a passion for computers. See? Without mods you're any of those, but with mods you're either an ignorant computer builder that loves looks and nothing else, or you're a dedicated enthusiast that loves his works and shows it with how his case looks.

Sleepers just mean you're lazy or you don't want to brag, or you're a hussler. How are you gonna hussle with a computer? Ricers can mean exactly what a modded computer means.

See the difference? You can't pull off an ugly computer like you can a car, it just shows your passion for the hobby and it's even more important with computers.
  10. dunnleed08 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ahhhhh

well i have a slightly custom case myself,i was just making sure that i'm a dork.....yup, i'm a dork, damnit......my mom kept trying to tell me
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  11. G.T

G.T New Member

Thanks Received:
    We are geeks, not nerds, thanks.:nutkick:
  12. dunnleed08 New Member

Thanks Received:

ha
  13. AMDCam New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol, oh sorry