1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Case Side Panel

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by devinXkillyou, May 24, 2006.

1. devinXkillyou

devinXkillyou New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking for a side panel that will fit on my SkyHawk case similar to this one (http://web.archive.org/web/20030620030035/www.skyhawkusa.com/Qwin4638inside600.jpg) (that picture makes the window look as if it is attached to the rear of the case on a hinge, but it isnt.) I cant seem to find a replacement panel by skyhawk but i just want a side panel with a plain rectangular window instead of the one with the design in the link above (i'm looking to drill fan holes in the rectangular window, but the one i have now wont let me.
    Does anyone know if most case panels are the same and if this Lian-Li panel would fit (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=281&products_id=2825)
  2. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just get another door and cut the design out and then cut your holes
  3. POGE

POGE New Member

Thanks Received:
    It most likely wont fit. :(
  4. devinXkillyou

devinXkillyou New Member

Thanks Received:
    my problem is actually finding a panel that will fit. I just want a plain panel without any design. The first image is like the one i have right now. I just want it plain though, without any circular designs like on that case.
  5. DR.Death

DR.Death New Member

Thanks Received:
    cut it out what is hard about that
  6. devinXkillyou

devinXkillyou New Member

Thanks Received:
    i guess cutting it out would save me money. do you guys recommend using dremel tools? im pretty sure i have one but i've never used one, so i dont know how good of a job it will be. are they very hard to use?
  7. wtf8269

wtf8269 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It won't fit, Lian Li cases have a different mounting system than regular cases. Besides that, it probably has different dimensions. Also it's brushed aluminum is apposed to painted silver. Usually only high end companies such as Lian Li, Coolermaster, and Thermaltake will sell replacement parts for their cases.
  8. markkleb Guest

If you want a simple idea just go to the plastics store and have them cut you a piece of plastic the size of your old door. You can get it clear, smoke, or colored. It should only be about $10-15.
    Than put it on with screws in the corners or use velcro tape.