1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Castle Building Sims, where are they? Why are there none?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Phusius, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/101053-13-anyone-castle-simulation-game

This thread made me think, I really would enjoy a nice Castle Building game, I loved Stronghold 1 when it first came out, but didn't like 2 or 3 in the series.

Done a ton of research and can not find any kind of decent castle sim game... surely I am not the one interested in a game like this?

2. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Maybe the assumption that there is only a small market for such games.
    Unfortunately game developers STILL think Zombies & or vampires are the flavor for any game.

I personally would be interested in such a game, but then I also miss Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe and Sid Meier's Pirates.

hellrazor says thanks.
  3. jgrahl

jgrahl New Member

Thanks Received:
    you should design one, i'd buy it

4. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Honestly, I am not that tech savvy of a guy, sure I can build PC's and Overclock well, but I majored in History/Political Science in college.

Also agree with the above poster, yeah it is sad zombies, vampires, all that dumb shit seems to be needed in every game. I never was into that stuff and never will be.

/shrug

5. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I once had an idea to build a castle-building game as an exercise to learn fortran - it never happened, of course, but still. I would have called it Fortrass.

6. manofthem

manofthem

Thanks Received:
    Come on, Phussy, I know you're a Twilight fan ;)

I agree, zombies have become way overdone. I know I've posted before about it, but when CoD WaW came out with nazi zombies, I thought it was absolutely terrific fun, especially for LANs. But now, it is everywhere.

And I'm as into the whole building cities or castles style thing. I suppose it would be fun though building castles, not sure if it would really be my cup of tea.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. Phusius

Phusius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Building your dream castle and putting defense towers and catapults on top of them with archers and strategically placing traps like releasing caged dogs or pouring oil over the entry of a gate when in siege...

all in beautiful graphics... does not sound appealing to you? OFF WITH YOUR HEAD GOOD SIR!