1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst 10.2 does not recognise ati radeon x700

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by arena2, Oct 15, 2012.

1. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there!!

well the story is that I have two partitions: C(win xp SP3, where the card is OK) AND
    F(15 GB) where I ve installed win 7 ultimate (SP1).
    I tried almost everything and the device manager keeps showing "typical VGA adaptor" in win 7 partition.
    The 10.2 catalyst installs without a problem, but nothing happens. No ATI icon in the task bar,
    no atiptaxx.exe in processes and of course"typical VGA adaptor".....

Frustrated I am!!:cry::cry:
    Thanks in advance!!
  2. Yukikaze

Yukikaze

Thanks Received:
    arena2 says thanks.
  3. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for replying,

yes I tried the legacy, also the last catalyst :cry:
  4. patrico

patrico

Thanks Received:
    hey, on the amd website its says 10.2 should support x700
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English,

strange why it doesnt work, also it doesnt say anything about officially supporting windows 7 but it does say

"Note: AMD’s DirectX 9 ATI Radeon graphics accelerators are not officially supported under Windows 7. If the user chooses to, they can install the ATI Catalyst Windows Vista graphics driver under Windows 7".

also the newest drivers wont work for definite

I'll look up somemore and see if I can find anymore out for ya
    arena2 says thanks.
  5. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I have the Catalyt_9.11_8.673.1_Hotfix_Vista_Win7_Nov26...if that helps at all.
    arena2 says thanks.
  6. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Oh I just checked more and I also have these.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48731&stc=1&d=1350305277

Also if you have not installed all the .nets then you will need to do so in order to get the CCC to work in Windows 7. http://www.microsoft.com/net/download

Attached Files:

• CCC.JPG
      CCC.JPG
      File size:
      45.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  7. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    For that card I would recommend the 11.11C performance driver due to its age.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I think this is probably your issue.
    arena2 says thanks.
  9. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok I'll give it a try

thanks
  10. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
  11. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ...well.... nothing!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I installed net 4,5 and afterwards tried 10.2, 11.1 does not aply for me cos I have a 32-bit system and finally I tried 11.2...
    NOTHING???!!!! :cry: :cry:
  12. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Make sure you have .net 3 or 3.5 as well.
  13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    what are your system specs? Mobo, GPU, CPU, PSU, Ram, OS. It may help it resolving your issue.
  15. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you everyone,
    Acer aspire 1694 wlmi 32 bit, ram 1280, CPU 1,8,win 7 sp1 on partition f(15 gb) and win Xp sp3 on c(30gb).
    As I said the ati mobility radeon x700 is not recognized in win 7.
    Sorry but what psu and mobo are?
    I think net 3,5 is installed by win 7 sp1, so this means I have net 3,5(built in) plus the net 4,5....
  16. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Can you show us the graphics card device ID? (you can see it by pressing Windows + Pause/Break -> click on "Device Manager" on the left -> open the "Graphic Card" or "Visual Adapter" branch -> right click on your graphic card -> select "Properties" -> select the "Details" tab -> and on the combo box bellow select "Hardware IDs" -> then copy paste the bellow lines or take a screen-shot and post it here).
    arena2 says thanks.
  17. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok from GPU-Z DEVICE id:1002-5653
    I attach the GPU snap shot
    Keep in mind that when I run win xp the card is fully recognised

Attached Files:

• TEST.gif
      TEST.gif
      File size:
      21.5 KB
      Views:
  18. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok now do this:
    • Download this installer (it's the latest drivers available for your card);
    • Run the setup and let it "extract" all its contents;
    • When the setup asks you to continue installing the drivers (after the extraction, a window shows up saying "Welcome"), cancel the installation;
    • Open the
      Code:
      C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH_INF
      folder in explorer;
    • Extract, paste (and replace) the file attached to this post there;
    • Now open device manager and select your graphic card (like instructed on the post above);
    • Right click on it and select "update device driver":
    • Then click on "search driver on computer" -> "allow me to select a driver from the list..." -> click on the "disk" button -> select the .inf that should be on the folder that you openned above -> select your graphic card from the list and let it install;
    • A "red" window will appear, select "install anyway";
    • Check if the installing process completed successfully.
    • Reboot and check if the drivers are still installed.
    After this at least the drivers should be installed and loaded every time windows starts.

Now about Catalyst Control Center, to get it to install you probably need to modify all the "setup.exe"s binaries to allow it to install on your card (your card seems to be black-listed). I will also do it if needed, but I'm not very happy about spreading modified ".exe"s. on a public forum.
    Please do report back.

Attached Files:

arena2 says thanks.
  19. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will try it but not right now and definetely I will report back!
  20. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

That ATI Mobility Radeon X700 is pretty old. Let's see. Well, you can try the following:
    - download the Mobility Modder (for modding desktop ATI/AMD driver)
    - download ATI Catalyst 9.11 x86 or Catalyst driver 9.11 x64 (depends what OS you are using, 32bit or 64bit OS?); heard that 9.11 works the best for old mobility GPUs, though you can always try out newer ones, such as the suggested 10.2.
    - Use the ATI Mobility driver mod tool to convert the desktop Catalyst driver into Mobility driver; follow the instructions (from the first link) to install all the needed software/apps in order to use the mentioned driver mod tool and follow the steps for modding the driver for Mobility Radeons. See whether you can install the modded driver now for the Mobility Radeon X700 after using that Mobility Modder tool.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!
    arena2 says thanks.
  21. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    @ TEMP02
    Man you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toast: :rockout: :respect:
    It worked as you said, ati x700 recognised plus aero support.
    Now the catalyst...do you reckon it is going to be necessary? If yes (how) then please do your trick.
  22. arena2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you!!:respect:
    I won't try it since I'm ok for the time being....sorry
  23. temp02 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well it's not really necessary, unless you want to change/force rendering settings, and even if you do you can install ATi Tray Tools (like I did on my X700 Pro some years ago), it allows you to change all the settings available on CCC and even more (BTW ATT does not require .NET or anything else, just install and you're set, you can access its settings by a icon on the system task-bar)!

Anyways, glad that you got it working :)

EDIT: if you still want the modified Catalyst Control Center setup I can mod it so that it installs, just post a quick reply saying that you do want it.

EDIT2: Ok, here it is, the complete package for your setup (Win7 32b + X700 [DEV_5653]), if I did it right it will even install the drivers and Hydravision packages if they are needed.
    Here is the procedure:
    • Check if the folder
      Code:
      C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\
      exists and if it does delete it;
    • Download this installer (it's the latest drivers available for your card);
    • Run the setup and let it "extract" all its contents;
    • When the setup asks you to continue installing the drivers (after the extraction, a window shows up saying "Welcome"), cancel the installation;
    • Open the
      Code:
      C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc\
      folder in explorer;
    • Extract, paste (and replace) the zip attached to this post there (it will ask you to replace/merge two folders, accept the merge/replace);
    • Right click on "Patch_10-2_X700-5653_Win7-x86.cmd" and "Run as Administrator" (it will patch all the needed files, wait for a "Done!" message and then press any key to quit);
    • Now you can run "Setup.exe", like if nothing happened, and it will allow you to install drivers + CCC + Hydravision;
    • Let the installation continue and if a "red" window appears, select "install anyway";
    • Reboot and check if everything works.

This patch uses xdelta so that the actual patching is only done on your computer when you run the ".cmd". This way I could keep the ".zip" size to a minimum packing only one ".exe" and a couple of ".xdelta"s.
    Also this way you can keep the ".zip" on your computer (or just a link to this forum thread) if later on you need to reinstall.

NOTE: once again I must stress that this patch will only work on this configuration: Win7/Vista 32b + Mobility X700 [DEV_5653] + CCC 10.2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  24. giuanin New Member

Thanks Received:
    problema scheda video ati mobility radeon x700 e w8

salve a tutti:). sono nuovo del foum. ho un problema con una scheda video ati mobility radeon x700 e w8. Posseggo un notebook acer aspire 5024 wlmi (un po’ datato, ma in perfetta tenuta), SO xp sp3 32bit, cpu amd turion 64 ml-34 1.80 ghz, ram 2 gb ddr, scheda video ati mobility radeon x700 128 mb, risoluzione 1280×800.
    Dal momento che ho effettuato l’upgrade a Windows 8 pro viene rilevata una scheda video di base microsoft, risoluzione 1024×768, senza possibilità di modifica.
    Ho letto le vostre soluzioni del caso. Vorrei applicarle. Purtroppo, ho poche conoscenze d'informatica, per cui, alcuni passaggi non mi sono chiari. Posso chiedervi qualche chiarimento in merito? Altrimenti, potreste indicarmi quale potrebbe essere la soluzione migliore per il mio caso?: Ohwell: