1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst 11.8 Preview driver

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by dark2099, Jul 27, 2011.

1. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    change it your self
    go to a junkyard and find a tranny :)

2. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can with RadeonPro mate. I never use MLAA anyways, I don't like the effect.

3. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    everything works fine for me, except i get overscan issues with crysis 1 and 2 . Also, my METRO 2033 is still fucked up

4. FierceRed

FierceRed

Thanks Received:
    It's still interesting that we see VisionTek, of all things, featured prominently on a preview driver. I don't think anything like this has happened before, and it raises all sorts of consequent questions as to why it's there. Are ATI/AMD using VisionTek drivers/code somewhere in their official compiles? Are VisionTek 1st party optimizers of ATI/AMD code? Are Catalysts some sort of cross-engineered product?

Fun theories abounds! :rockout:

I've replied to you already DZZRtt @ this link. If you're still interested at all in finding out what your Borderlands problem is, I'm impatiently awaiting a reply. The window is closing. :slap:

Welcome to the forums, and if you're interested to know, preview drivers are usually released in the first place because they're so good at what they do, they can be used as a marketing tool to the community.

Your actual Catalyst Control Center won't change one bit by installing the preview drivers, and despite old wives tales, there's no danger or difficulties whatsoever to installing right over your current driver. You'll probably get hidden intrinsic performance increases to your DX9 games as well.

I've also encountered the flickering issues with my Crossfired 5850s (I guess I'm just not as lucky as FreedomEclipse :twitch:) and I've never set AA to Super Sampling as I don't suspect the performance hit to be worth it. In fact, my current CCC "AA Mode" setting is Multi-sample AA, even though my "Smoothvision HD: Anti-Aliasing" is set to Use Application Settings.

I'm more interested in your IOHv tip, as I'm using X58 and have a Mild overclock that I'm considering changing to a Moderate overclock in the near future. Could you tell me what IOH voltage setting would be considered "helpful" so I can compare it to what I have currently set? :toast:

5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    thanks for this. I have had problems with black screen flicker since i had crossfired 5850s. I'll defnitely have a mess around with the sampling settings.

at first i thought it was the overclock on my cards. when i googled the problem i couldnt find anything about it. but i most likely googled the wrong thing.

hopefully i will finally get rid of that blackscreen flicker.

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Actually -- after reading more into it, its widespread problem. People with Nvidia cards are having the same problems too have posted on EA's forums

7. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Praying for an FPS boost in World of Warcraft... Darned game takes a heap of PC power to run it completely maxxed out. Still only pulling 40fps in populated areas in WoW with my system

8. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    waaaaaaaaaaaaa

i remember playing the WoW trial on my P4 presscott and a 6200AGP on high settings at 1280x720 ... at like 50-60 fps

9. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    How long ago was that?

10. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    idk like 3 years ..

11. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Yeahhhh. The WoW engine has been updated and requires a lot more PC power.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like now. (This is my toon btw, a few weeks back)

12. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    still looks like garbage >_>

jonathan1107 says thanks.
  13. Aceman.au

Aceman.au

Thanks Received:
    Haha. There's a lot of stuff on the ground like rocks, tree leaves and other ground clutter that really puts stress on your PC... Although the game isn't that great graphically there's still a lot to process.

14. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    I can't comment on nVidia or 6 series cards. I just know with my two 5870s setting AA to multisample from super helps a lot. It doesn't fix it though. Heavy Metal always causes problems for me.

Since my P6T6 board is based off of the P6t Deluxe it might help though all CPUs will react differently to how much IOHv is required. I don't have any overclock right now other then the uncore. I run 1.20v on the IOH, 1.35v VVT, and 1.60 vDimm with my uncore at 2666 Mhz (which is at 2x memory) but as I said ymmv. It mostly fixed my crashes/hard locks I was having problems with. Those are gone.

15. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I havent had time to try this fix yet.... but one solution that someone suggested was to set BLOOM to FALSE in the ini file

16. FierceRed

FierceRed

Thanks Received:
    Ahh okay, I have my IOH set to 1.2v as well, part of the i7 overclocking guide recommendations yeah? Okay, so apparently I'm at the recommended IOH and still get the occasional flicker.

That's cool, it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to and I have no intention of going above 1.2v. Thanks and cheers.

17. jonathan1107

jonathan1107

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, WOW looks like garbage, I freakin Agree...

Can't wait for Flippin Guild Wars 2 to come out !

18. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, but then again you are perfect :nutkick:

Nah, but seriously though. How is the CF for 6xxx series with these drivers? You can only roll drivers back so far, and I'm having massive issues with CF performance/compatibility.

ensabrenoir says thanks.
  19. MrMilli

MrMilli

Thanks Received:
  20. The_Ish

The_Ish New Member

Thanks Received:
    When is it due out for DL?
    edit/ The full 11.8 i mean.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011