1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst Control Centre doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Heeby1, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Heeby1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

For some reason, when I click on the Catalyst control centre icon, it doesn't appear. This is annoying as I cant get into my monitor settings or anything and have to use the Windows (crap) ones.

Tried re-installing all the ati drivers, .NET framework- even have a new x1900xtx graphics card (as my x850xt had a dvi problem, which I thought might be the cause) and it still doesn't work.

System specs:
    ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe,
    1GB Kingston RAM,
    Radeon x1900xtx,
    AMD Athlon X2 3800.

Also, when I had my x850xt, and this problem arose, ATI TOOL suddenly didnt recognise the card for some reason. The default clocks were wrong on opening and it just didnt work.

The only thing I can think of is deleting a registry entry with Crap Cleaner, which I might have done by accident- although have installed all drivers and stuff loads since that happened- so I really have no idea.

Thanks for reading, and any help is appreciated.

2. Heeby1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just an update to shed more light on things-

After opening ATI Tool 0.25 beta 14,

the core is at 0.00 and the mem is at 13.22.

When I click on "Show 3D View", I receive the following message:

"The video card you selscted for overclocking in ATITOOL does not seem to be used by Windows.

Visual testing has been disabled.

To fix this, go to Display Properties, Settings and enable the monitor output of the card".

Could this be related to the problem?

I have done as described above, but the monitor output is enabled.

Hmmm.

3. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    download "Driver Cleaner" (just google it...its free) and remove all ATI based drivers from your system.

If you have .NET framework installed, then just reinstall the drivers after using Driver Cleaner.

maybe that works.

if it does not, just "roll back" your windows to the day before you used "crap cleaner" (would never trust a program with such a name :D). That ma get you on your way too...but will also remove any games/software you installed since that day.

cheers
    DS

4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Also just to add a lot of times when ccc wont launch or is just acting retorted Reinstall .net framework that usually gives it a swift kick in the ass to start working.

Is it just me or do a lot of .net based programs act retarded and don't work right ?

5. Heeby1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the replies-

I will try both of your suggestions now lol.

And yes, the framework is pants. :)

6. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think its a "windows" problem.. sometimes windows can kinda stop doing all the things it should do properly.. sadly a backup to the point it all was working or a re-install is the only fix..

sad but true..

a thing called ERUNT is magic for each time u boot up reg back ups.. but to be really safe u need to back up the entire contents of windows every so often.. i run a small boot up partition (C: drive) so as i can do this easy.. bart pe can be used to back it all up.. just drag and drop the c drive to somewhere..

trog

Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  7. Heeby1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Haha thanks Trog-

That was exactly what I was fearing, and didn't want to hear lol.

Urgh I hate re-installing Windows with a passion.

But yes- it will probably have to be done. :(

8. trog100 New Member

Thanks Received:
    do the back up method i suggested and u will never have to reinstall windows every again... he he

i got tired of doing that years ago..

trog