1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Catalyst Rev.12.3 Software Functionality

Discussion in 'General Software' started by domy85, Apr 12, 2012.

1. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    Hi all, I have a HD 5770 and I like to use my 50" plasma as my monitor via HDMI. Whenever I plug the hdmi cable into the video card, my tv extends automatically with my pc monitor. Keep in mind the tv is still off at this point. I only want this to happen when I turn on the TV to eliminate unplugging the hdmi cable from the video card. I am using DVI for my pc monitor. Hopefully I am not the only one that has asked this question.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did something change for you from a previous driver? Did you make any adjustments in Windows Display properties?

3. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    I haven't tried the dual display feature with any previous driver.

I believe I set it to "Extend these Displays", but that was the only change.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I believe you just need to change the setting in Windows to choose the primary display that you want to use. The option should be in the same place as "extend display".

domy85 says thanks.
  5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    and if you are using catalyst, do it in ccc instead of windows settings. then save a preset, and you can just open that from the notification area on the taskbar whenever you want.

domy85 says thanks.
  6. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    By changing it to display only on the TV, disables the pc monitor right? Which is fine, but I would have to change the primary display back to my pc monitor when I am finished using the TV. This does eliminate the need to remove the hdmi cable. I will give it a try when I get home and will report back.

thanks

I will look at this when I get home. I must have overlooked that those options were available in ccc. I will report back.

thanks

7. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yes and you can also assign keyboard shortcuts.

for example, sometimes i fall asleep and leave it on tv - i can just hold ctrl+alt+m (or whatever you choose) and it will switch to main monitor, ctrl+alt+t will switch to tv.

domy85 and erocker say thanks.
  8. Mathragh

Mathragh

Thanks Received:
    You can also just press windows+P, this will let you cycle trough all the display options available to windows

domy85 and digibucc say thanks.
  9. domy85

domy85

Thanks Received:
    Setting the display I want to use as primary solved my issue, but I am learning how to configure these settings with ccc. The Windows +P is also a very useful command I was not aware of. Thank you everyone for your input which helped resolved this. :toast:

Please close this thread!