1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CCC not loading

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by nate39, Jan 3, 2008.

1. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just installed a new 3870 into my old system. I have a new one coming but wanted to see how this thing worked. When I loaded the 7.12 drivers something called MOM didn't load right and I can't get into CCC. There is also a message about CLI not loading. Otherwise the card is recognized and works.

Also when I boot up it tells me a new PCI device is installed and wants to get drivers for MS HD audio! What is that all about? Any help is appreciated. thanks

2. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well I did another uninstal and used a driver cleaner and now it is working. Now to find the ati tool version that works with this. The temps are awful right now.

3. Mandown

Mandown New Member

Thanks Received:
    I prefer ati tray tools over atitool mostly because everytime i try to overclock with atiotool on either my x1600 or x1950 it'll go but i can't exit it without ridding of the overclock settings. but thats me. I find ati tray tools to have a better layout anyways.

4. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tried ati tray tool a long time ago and remember not liking it that much. with my x800gto ati tool overclocked great and set the fan like I wanted. I just tried ati tool .27c and the fan control and monitoing is all over the place. It said my fan was 0% much of the time which I doubt or at least hope it wasn't.

Anyway, I have a 790fx board coming and will try AMD overdrive and see what happens. thanks

5. Mandown

Mandown New Member

Thanks Received:
    I would get the latest ati tray tools and see if the sensors work on that better. I've always had problems with the fan control same ones you get in atitool, but mine went further than that it would sometimes crash if i adjusted it. have you tested all that to make sure it ain't gonna crash on ya?

Is there a atitool 0.27? thought there was.

6. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Erm...no. The fan is off most of the time lol. The fan on mine (before I fitted the S1) only comes on at 65'C

7. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the latest Tray tool, it says that there is no fan hardware support! If I try to overclock or scan for artifacts it blue screens. For some reason with 7.12 I was not able to get CCC to work. I installed 7.11 and now it works but when you run auto tune it only checks the core locks up at 860 and never checks the mem. Also regardless of temps, it never speeds up the fan.

If I set the overclock, test it and apply it, at the bottom the current speeds never change they always read 300/1126, is this right and why can't I monitor my fan? thanks

Also Tray tool says my card's bios is 775/1126 but that the current speeds are 13 for both!!!!!!!

8. Ati Addictive

Ati Addictive New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have had the same prob, Most of the times when CCC doesn´t start there are still old CCC files somewhere in you registery open Regedit and try to find them otherwise a driver cleaner from the web it usually works:toast:

9. Xaser04

Xaser04

Thanks Received:
    The normal reason for the CCC not to load is that you need to install the latest .net framework from microsoft.

10. Ati Addictive

Ati Addictive New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes thrue there are many things possiable, but i posted my experience how i made it work :)
    But that is also a posibility just try it out.

11. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    well 7.11 works and I have the latest .net framework

12. Xaser04

Xaser04

Thanks Received:
    As its only in your old computer for now just run the 7.11 drivers (considering they work)

The problems your are having with the 7.12 drivers may not occur on your new build.

13. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I called Powercolor and that is what he said. Try it in your new build with 7.12 and then see. If not, he said to call back, they would take care of me. Over all he was in no hurry to get off and was helpful. The problem was he couldn't speak English very well so he had to repeat himself some. Hopefully Monday everything will be in.

14. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Also, the ATI download instructions say to remove the ATI Unistaller tool in add/remove programs section, before downloading new ATI drivers.

:toast:

15. nate39 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I did not know that, but why is it there to start with if you have to uninstal it? Anyway I have never uninstalled it with no problems before. thanks for the info

By the way, the guy at Powercolor said that for it to run 90 degrees without fan increase was normal. In a game, if it got to say 120 then I would hear the fan increase! That sounds screwy to me.