1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CCC options removed ?.

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by AsRock, Oct 21, 2009.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Just lately i have noticed with Vista drivers that i have not seen the GPU recovery options. Have they been removed as since i have started using Vista and overclocking my card and fails badly and the screen will just go blank.

I know it's the V card as the power usage drops so much.

Thinking of going back to XP x64 once again and using 9.7 drivers were i could hit high overclocks without issue.
  2. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    LOL you think that vista is the issue, dont be fooled it clearly isnt. The CCC options were and never have been missing while i used vista. Now im using 7 and still no issues. you actually tryed reinstalling the drivers?
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Not blaming Vista i believe it's more of a driver issue. Although never has issue's with XP X64

Ever since i have installed the Cat 9.8\9 drivers i have had nothing but problems and yes i have deleted every thing ATI i could find with programs and manually just to have the problems still.

Scaling fucked to no end since i tried those drivers.

So were is the option ?.. Just had another look for it and still not see it.
  4. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    hmmm i would try using driver sweeper pro or eqivalant!? maybe. I have had no issues with the drivers. Yu have to enable enhanced/professional mode to get certain options. I cant remember what its called adsactly as im on my laptop and not on the PC.
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    You mean advanced mode ?.. and yes always do.

Driver sweeper and Driver Cleaner failed to solve the issue.
  6. Reefer86

Reefer86

Thanks Received:
    hhmmm well enabling advanced mode should unlock the other options. I have never seen a gpu recovery options in ccc tbh. If you screen goes blank it normally means the driver has failed, i.e you have overclocked too much. BY all means go back to xp if you feel vista is the route of your problem. I found that sometimes this was anoying but i stuck with it, this kind of error has been cut down in windows 7 and if i overclock too much i just get a bsod, no longer do i get the anoying driver failed crap.
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i know hence the reason this thread was made.

No dont think Vista is 100% blame it's still a young OS still... I'll more likely reinstall XP x64 and Vista too.

You never seen gpu recovery options how long you been using ATI cards for ?. More i think about it since they changed how CCC looks i have not seen the option.