• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ch341a errors gpu

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
yes i cant find my chip in these 3 in ur guide
Follow the other advice but read the guide carefully it explains how to handle this. Most chips are just versions. Try chips that are close in model number.

Try to wiggle the clip a couple of times, maybe it is just making bad connection.
i tryed amd i tryed every single chip not working

Follow the other advice but read the guide carefully it explains how to handle this. Most chips are just versions. Try chips that are close in model number.
i tryed man

20231220_090425.jpg
20231220_090343.jpg

20231220_090333.jpg

i think i found it i did with the exact pm25lq020 it found in as but when press read is reading nothing should i continue like this ?

showing
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF on every line

look on ch341a before on meory manuffactor etc showed FF now sowing$00 why
20231220_091653.jpg

when i try like this on ch341a AND PRESS VERIFY says chip with content are in dissagrement i tryed like30 bios still saying this so idk what to do

afterr long time its show details but still saying chip with content are in dissagrement

i did it bro it read i can add bios just without veirfying i added one 450 v2 with 1gb ram im gonna add it an pc and try see if work

so after istalling bios put it in pc when turn on i hear beep beep beep beep .... only beeps

what bios should i try now im gonna try a gtx 550 ti bios

so guys i found one no glitches on screen but still says fake 450 now/ im try to install a driver for it bc 391.35 not working i instal 353.30 to see if work

ok guys thanks for helping me so clipper didant make good connection first of all now it did i flashed a bios that i found people told is for gtx 960 but work on this too no glitches now i want to test to see if it crashes and yes it shows Fake GTS 450 now work with driver 391.35 if u know how i can change the name to show only nvidia gts 450 without that Fake in it il be happy thanks again

and on geforce experience now saying latest its 391.35 not 500 etcc how it said before

this is the bios if u can modify to show without that fake thanks

Attachments

• GF116.rom
    60 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
ok guys thanks for helping me so clipper didant make good connection first of all now it did i flashed a bios
Good. Now just get the correct bios for your fake card. Glad the manual flashing is working now.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
this is the bios if u can modify to show without that fake thanks
I think you first need to remove the thermal paste and see if the chip is really a GF116.

I think you first need to remove the thermal paste and see if the chip is really a GF116.
there is nothing on the chip thats problem was removed from it

Good. Now just get the correct bios for your fake card. Glad the manual flashing is working now.
yea man now at least it didant crash i will try to instal gta v/destiny 2 to try if crash if yes i will find another bios maybe an gtx 550 ti or still 450

so i cant know if is gf 116 or gf 106 on the fake bios said is gf 116

and with this bios i got 0 crashes at moment i can play destiny 2 very good like 60-80 fps low settings no crash i will try gta v to see if crashes if yes i try some gf 116 gtx 550 ti

99% cases those are bad clips. I almost never use those.

Not sure if bad clips is right to describe the problem.

After many flashing using the clip, it just no longer grips the chip, so here am always manually holding it in place with my left hand & using my right hand to navigate the software with mouse.

Another fault is the wires break but you can't see this as it's covered with black rubber at the clip end. Here I've re-soldered about 7 of the wires. If user(s) have issues with the CH314A I strongly recommend a end to end continuity test with a meter. Don't be surprised if you have one or two open circuit.

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider

After many flashing using the clip, it just no longer grips the chip, so here am always manually holding it in place with my left hand & using my right hand to navigate the software with mouse.

Another fault is the wires break but you can't see this as it's covered with black rubber at the clip end. Here I've re-soldered about 7 of the wires. If user(s) have issues with the CH314A I strongly recommend a end to end continuity test with a meter. Don't be surprised if you have one or two open circuit.

Tell me more. I've had enough of it. It is much faster to desolder and solder back the IC to adapter and correctly flash.

There's another variable, the board itself is terminated and consumes power. Those flashers cannot feed the whole 2.5-5V rail whatever it has, if it is used by another device.

Tell me more. I've had enough of it. It is much faster to desolder and solder back the IC to adapter and correctly flash.

There's another variable, the board itself is terminated and consumes power. Those flashers cannot feed the whole 2.5-5V rail whatever it has, if it is used by another device.

I've never desoldered the flash chip, too time consuming for me. I've also never had any issues flashing any chip still soldered to the PCB other than the faults I already describe in my previous post .
The only difficulty I still have with my flashing tool is it no longer hooks & stay on the BIOS chip, ...so this is what I do.

Clip the tool over the flash chip, but with a single finger I add light downward pressure in the center of the clip where the spring is located in the center. I use my thumb or my smallest finger depending on location of BIOS chip. You need nerves of steel as the slightest movement in micrometers will make one or two contact jump off the BIOS chip. It's a lot of brain power control as I have to lock my left hand while controlling the mouse with my right hand.

Be aware most of my faults are the wire(s) breaking. It will sometime still detect a BIOS chip depending on which wire is broken, but it shows strange readings or intermittent detection due to one or two wires are broken.

If user(s) don't have a meter you can give each wire a very gentle tug "clip end", one by one, not too hard as you don't want to break it. This is best done with tweezers as you can grab a single wire & give it a gentle pull to check it's not broken.

I'm happy to say all the wires I have soldered back have not broken again, but it looks very ugly as the black rubber insulator can't be used again or put back as there is more solderer on the pins. Hopefully if someone discovers they have broken wire(s) will do a better job than me & post photo. But i'm sometimes in a rush & don't have time for neat/pretty looks, so for my CH314A programmer, I don't care as long as the repair works.

Last edited:
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
I've never desoldered the flash chip, too time consuming for me.

Not sure... it takes 60 secs to heat up and 30 seconds to take it off. It doesn't need some uber soldering skills, plain basics. You will need to have those skills sooner or later to be proficient.

Those clips are trash... they may survive few times... but not more. That whole dance around clamping and praying ain't for me. I cannot recommend using them at all.

My method gives 100% results, piece of mind and no strange accidents, like something flashed and yet it does not work.

That's even why we have the whole topic here... because those things are unreliable.

Not sure... it takes 60 secs to heat up and 30 seconds to take it off. It doesn't need some uber soldering skills, plain basics. You will need to have those skills sooner or later to be proficient.

Those clips are trash... they may survive few times... but not more. That whole dance around clamping and praying ain't for me. I cannot recommend using them at all.

My method gives 100% results, piece of mind and no strange accidents, like something flashed and yet it does not work.

That's even why we have the whole topic here... because those things are unreliable.

I think at this point it's down to the individual what they feel comfortable with. Yes I can desolder the BIOS chip, but it's just faster for me to flash by holding a well worn clip in-place. I should have also pointed out the clip may not make proper contact with BIOS chip due to nearby 0603 components, ie tiny capacitors or resistors. I've knocked a few these off the PCB when using the clip, but it's faster for me just to replace the knocked off component than desolering the BIOS chip then flash.

My method also works 100% even thou I do have all the other adaptors, but I've never used them, I've never needed to use them, so they are still more or less brand new with a number of them sporting BIOS socket(s). ...ie drop the BIOS chip into the socket, close the lid & flash. No need for clips or soldering to PCB.

System Name The Blind Grim Reaper
Processor Xeon X5675 Westmere-EP B1 SLBYL 4.20ghz @ 1.256v
Motherboard Asus P6X58D-E
Cooling Noctua CP12 SE14, Redux Noctua 1500rpm fan Arctic F14 x3 for intake and exhaust
Memory Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 x6
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC Single Fan Model
Storage Crucial mx300 750gb main system + 1TB mx500 for games and music
Display(s) 22 inch samsung curved
Case NZXT Phantom 530 black
Audio Device(s) Nvidia HDMI through HDMI adaptor for output sound for turtlebeach x12 headset
Power Supply Antec HCG 850 watt
Mouse no brand
Keyboard normal usb keyboard
Software Windows 10 22H2 v1 (main is) and Windows 11 22H2 v2 on WD 250gb 7200rpm (testing purposes os)
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 = 2046cb
I have ch341a flasher with a working software only issue is the clips is beyond a joke I spend more time trying to align it exactly on the spot but sometime the software automatically detect the type of chip given random letters and numbers not ff all the way through. The trick to do it successfully is to detect, save then format the chip to the blank state then flash the correct bios rom then verify this works for me in this order

i did it man yes it is bad bad clip but how i said i did it now even if gpu z says fake gts 450 now dont crash