1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Change GTX 590 for GTX 780

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Locklear, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Locklear New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

I want to have your opinion about this modification. Since a few weeks, i was looking some reviews on the asus gtx 780 direct cu II and it's seems to be a solid piece of hardware.

The question is do you think it's worth bying this new gpu since i have a GTX 590(still a good card) or i should wait for the new series of cards who will get out maybe in 2014?

All opinion is valued.

Thx in advance

PS (sorry if my english is no perfect, it's not my first language)
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You said it yourself that the 590 is still a good card. If you're having no problems with it and it meets your needs, there is no reason to buy an overpriced GTX 780. Might as well at least wait until there's a little competition in the market so prices aren't so inflated. :toast:
  3. centaurius

centaurius

Thanks Received:
    As a far as I can see from benchmarks... 1 780 is slight above but practcly on pair with a 590, you wouldn't see any major difference in gameplay, unless in games that don't support SLI.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I have a 780. I recommend you keep that 590, probably for another year at least.
  5. Locklear New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thx for your feedback guys, i will keep it for now and only upgrade my config with a samsung pro ssd and better cooling option,
  6. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    You will notice enormous speed boost with the SSD :)