1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Change volume level of .mp3?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by hat, Jul 25, 2010.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I recorded the Trigun theme to use for Alien Swarm's feature where you can add your own music for heavy action rather than using the in-game music, but it's not loud enough compared to my other music. I need to boost the volume level of it somehow. I already recorded it at 100% volume, so that's out of the question.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    im not sure how you would go about that... maybe incress the music volume and decress SoundFX ingame could be a work around.

if you incress the volume of the.mp3 i think you will lose Dynamic range ECT and thus lose quality of the song.

3. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    You will need 2 freeware downloads.

Audacity
    +
    LAME MP3 Encoder

You can then do ANYTHING you wish to your MP3's.

EDIT:

The program is very very easy to use. Try it out.

Mussels and hat say thanks.
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Audacity is actually what I used to record with, I just didn't think to look for amplification options. Got it worked out now, thanks

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. IggSter

IggSter

Thanks Received:
    This is the tool I use to normalise my whole music collection - highly recommended.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  7. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Ya i use mp3gain usually for my portable devices....the sound output usually isnt loud enuff or im stuck with crap headphones at times

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Okay, now I need a program that can convert sampling rates and bitrates. I already tried DVDVideoSoft's free audio converter, but that POS would just stop working without completing everything I had in the list... I've already searched on Google, and I got plenty of results... I got suckered into downloading 2 or 3 of them that were supposed to be free, but as soon as you launched the program, some bullshit about running a trial version and buying a liscence came up...

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. naoan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well audicity could do that, not really comfortable for batch processing though.

I recommend Bonkenc, this one is completely free and easy to use http://www.bonkenc.org/

10. DaveK

DaveK

Thanks Received:
    +1 for MP3Gain, I've been using it for over 3 years now, very useful program.

11. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Did not work. I already tried this program. It had a different name (Free Audio Encoder CS or something), but it was the exact same thing. The GUI makes my eyes hurt, and it doesn't work outside of that. One of the .mp3s I tried to change the bitrate on came out like garbage... it was just some kind of unitelligable sound... kinda sounded like two pieces of wet leather rubbing up against eachother or something.

Will this change bitrates and sampling rates? I already figrued out how to boost volume with Audacity.

Crunching for Team TPU
  12. naoan New Member

Thanks Received:
    hat says thanks.
  13. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    LameXP works okay, except for the start on one song (same one I had problems with using the other tool I mentioned before), there's some kind of high pitched noise for a split second, kinda sounds like scratching on a guitar string. This is not present in the origional, and I re-encoded it just to be sure and it did the same thing. Not a huge deal, but still...

Crunching for Team TPU