1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Changing mouse sensitivity on the fly?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ktr, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    any one know of a program. basicly i just want to use a hotkey and change my mouse sensitivity ingame. i dont want to waste money on some gamer mouse, because changing that sensitivity ingame does the same results, but i want to do this on the fly.

2. Gorre

Gorre New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've only seen this possible on linux, and even then I completely forget how. Something to do with the optical refresh rate being manually changed.

3. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    i just got a genius ergo 525,that has an on the fly adjustment button like a logitech one,it also comes with a qck steel mouse pad.cheap too.

4. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i can buy so crapy emprex commando gamer mouse that has the fuctionality for about 20 bucks, but i have seen that hardware increase vs. software increase has the same result.

5. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  6. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    found another one...

http://www.soundwheel.com/

7. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    this cheapish (£24) genius (laser too 400,800,1600,2000dpi) is just the trick for me instead of a £40 g5.does all that does for less money.i been using tweak ui for ages for getting rid of the little shortcut arrows.

8. Slater Guest

Get a G5

9. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    on the other side if he decides to get a new mouse (later) he should really look at the Logitech mx-518 im partial to that myself. great mouse.

10. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i had a g7 and returned it cuz i hated the mouse wheel.

11. OOTay

OOTay New Member

Thanks Received:
    the mouse wheel on the mx-518 is pretty damn good, its nice and smooth and yet is very accurate so eh up to you.

12. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Changing mouse sensitivity, while in the game, & ON THE FLY?

Tall order... you've got me!

:(

APK

P.S.=> I know of a USB mouse tuner, which modifies USB mouse polling rates, & you use it in Windows!

Someone from this forums turned me onto it in fact, it works! I can give you the name IF you like, but what's the point? It doesn't FIT your definition requirements here!

(And, of course, you have your native Windows Control Panel Mouse item, which can increase PS/2 mice polling rates)...

HOWEVER/AGAIN: In the game, & "On-The-Fly"... whew, ask for it as a feature in your next fav game maker's game, or find a game that's "macro-able/scriptable" I would guess... apk

13. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    exactly why i got this mouse.a g5 only goes upto 2000dpi,same as this.so whats the differance.unless the g5 has a more accurate laser.apart from the name this does all that does for less money.

14. 4gsoft New Member

Thanks Received:
    Please try our software: Mouse Master. You can change the mouse sensitivity by hotkey on the fly, and more, config different sensitivity to programs. Please go to "http://www.4gsoft.net" for details.

15. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Do the right thing: Give this person a "private message" (the one who started the thread) & give him a FREE copy (that's right, with GOOD reason):

If he likes it? You get GOOD P.R. & a good review... take that, & submit yourself to a software trade-rag with your ware & from there? Well... you know!

"If you can reach just 1 person..." you get geometric progression imo @ least.

Good luck w/ your wares by the way!

APK

16. 4gsoft New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for my post against the rules of this forum and thanks for your advice. I'll take it.

17. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    i have one too :toast:
    great mouse in my opinion

18. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    too right,did you get the steelpad too?.and its a good shape.i was worried at first in case the dpi display that pops up might interfere with games but it seems ok.its a good cheap mouse.

the software is a bit iffy tho'.i cant get the left and right on the mouse wheel to do back/forward in a browser but oh well.its good for gaming so hey ho.

19. pt

pt not a suicide-bomber

Thanks Received:
    no steelpad for me :( it ony costed me 24€ anyways, and the software needs a litle more development :ohwell:

but is much better than my old creative optical wireless mouse :D

20. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
  21. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Probably, your are at the whim of your mouse driver... try googling your mouse model and "sensitivity"

I'm splurging on a G5 for home - I got one at work and it's the tits - two buttons below the wheel change the sensitivity instantly, irregardless of the applicaiton (but you also have that choice). Best mouse I've ever, ever used. So if you do end up buying a mouse... :)

22. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    i had the g7, but hated the crapy mouse wheel, and didnt like the charge on the batteries. Then i got a revo, but to much money for notthing. Now i am thinking about the HABU. I did use a razor, but it doesnt feel that great, then i tried the fatality, but that was crap also...

i do like m$ lazer mouse, but it wasnt for gaming...but now with the habu out, should be better.