1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cheap rig for a friend...

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by PC-Myths, Feb 3, 2010.

1. PC-Myths

PC-Myths New Member

Thanks Received:
    A friend has asked me how much I could build her a rig for and I'm either looking in the wrong places or it is actually cheaper to buy a pre-built rig!

I found the following rig containing the following...

Biostar MCP6P-M2+ (AM2+) On Board GeForce 6150 VGA
    AM3 Sempron 140 2.7ghz 64 bit Processor
    1GB DDR2 Kingston RAM (800mhz)
    160GB SATA II Hard Drive
    5.1 Channel Sound
    10/100 Network
    DVD-RW Drive
    ATX Case* + Power Lead
    5 Years Labour RTB Warranty

For only £140

To build a rig it would be costing me more as a certain part they do not supply separately ie: The cheap Biostar board, and the other thing's do add up slightly more costly when brought separately aswel. So unless one of you can point me in a better direction for a place to buy my part's I think I'm stuck with just suggesting the one setup for her.
  2. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    People here for cheap consider something like phenom PII 955. For this they provable don`t have a word :D. I don`t know what would be the price difference but I would suggest E3200 celeron that this are power efficient, cold, overclock well and cheap. Price difference between 160GB and 320GB would be insignificant. And 2gb RAM would be rather necessary.
  3. PC-Myths

PC-Myths New Member

Thanks Received:
    I disagree on part's of that, simply because not everyone needs to have something overclock-able, nor 2Gb RAM although these standards are sufficient by your mean's it's just not what she is after. I simply asked for help on parts for a cheap setup for a friend, however the idea of a E3300 doesn't sound too bad as this work's out cheaper than the AMD & Biostar setup I started the opening post with.
  4. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    cheap intel build?
  5. PC-Myths

PC-Myths New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your right, I did a bit more fishing and found a cheaper solution, but for around £140, here the Intel E3300 would by far be the better choice out the 2 I was looking at... not that i'll be suggesting either to her now, lol. I still want it cheap as I can though, Gotta make a living so I'll be wanting a little for putting it together :roll: