1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Checkerboard with crossfire set-up

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DeadZombie, Sep 30, 2006.

1. DeadZombie New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering If anybody has any good Idea(s) as to why the heck I keep getting these damn Checkerboard effects when I join a 3D program/Game

Example:A Punkbuster Screenshot taken while playing Americas Army.

[​IMG]

2. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, those are artifacts. Perhaps a faulty card? Try using just one, then the other and see if it still happens.

3. DeadZombie New Member

Thanks Received:
    The way the crossfire runs, Each black square is running on one card, and the ones not black are run by the other card. I've tried switching back and forth, and it doesn't help. Both cards are new. I had the same problem with my other set of X1900 cards also. and even sent them both back to ATI and had them look at the cards. they said that the cards were fine. But the same thing was happening after I got the cards back from ATI. So it has to be something that I'm missing.

4. Protius New Member

Thanks Received:
    i had that problem when my slave card was overheating cuz the fan kept on reseting back to 22%

5. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well I havent looked at any AAO screens but I know when I play GTL I see that effect in menu screen changes. The mode you are talking about is called Super Tiling. What level do you have the Catalyst AI at? Some games work better on Adv. some on Std. I have really only had issues with GT Legends and seen that. In AAO specifically are you running Trilinear Filter in the game? I have no issue with AAO in CF and run it at 1600x1200, 4xAA 16xAF in the CCC(AI Adv.)and all in game settings to max with Trilinear unchecked. It basically runs at whatever FPS I set the cap at

6. DeadZombie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Instag8r.. I'll give then settings a shot and see what it does for me.