1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Chieftec Introduces Hi-Fi Series of HTPC Cases

Discussion in 'News' started by Darksaber, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    3 new models are going to extend CHIEFTEC’s HTPC spectrum and add more variety and selection in order to meet the ascending demand for multimedia-based applications. "You name IT – CHIEFTEC got IT!"

CHIETEC’s Hi-Fi series have clearly more to offer than the conventional HTPC chassis. 3 different stack types in combination with brushed and anodized aluminum in black or silver are provided in an exquisite packaging. Operating Timelessly and luxuriously with its already equipped components like a complete hi-fi system.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All relevant interfaces (2 x USB, 1 x IEEE1394, Audio, including a 56 in 1 card reader) are integrated in the front of the chassis behind a dust protecting cover. A distinctive turning-knob allows an easy handling of the device such as the volume and general navigation.

Dependent on the stack type, the HM allows an installation of either mATX and/ or ATX mainboards. In addition up to 3 internal hard disks can be built-in to the chassis. An excellent workmanship plus an user-friendly setup of the multimedia based chassis is guaranteed. Most of the components can be assembled tool free. Every chassis is bundled with a convenient iMON remote control, which was specially developed for Windows applications. The remote control becomes an essential sidekick with its easy to use buttons and ergonomic design.

[​IMG]

Source: Chieftec
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  2. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Not bad looking, I've always wanted to build a htpc just never really got around to it. i need to start plotting a new build here soon.
  3. Elijah86

Elijah86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whats with the pics of the OZC mem?
  4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I dont see what you are talking about.

Im hoping the price of these will be good because ID definitely snag up HM-01B/SL
  5. Elijah86

Elijah86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    It must have been a posting error that was fixed. :D
  6. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    yes, i named both images the same, so they showed up in this news post.

And stop being so fast, those pics were up for maybe 90 seconds ^^

cheers
    DS
  7. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    ventilation dosent look too good with those 2 fans slap bang on the back... also i think the massive "Chieftec" logo looks a bit crapulent... i mean if you want to stack it with your Okyno & Nad gear, the chieftec badge isnt something to be bragging about.

I dont think I'll be using these.... theres much better offers elsewhere... and from experience that "volume" dial is going to be a pain to actually get working with a 3rd party soundcard
  8. Elijah86

Elijah86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I haven't got anything better to do at work other than look for errors on tech news sites. not that i read anything else other than the great techpowerup!