1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CHIEFTEC Releases New Line of Power Supply Units

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Sep 16, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    CHIEFTEC, a world-wide renowned high-quality case manufacturer for the computer industry, has released a new line of power supplies ranging from 850W to 1200W. The new Lifestyle power supply units from CHIEFTEC look very much alike the popular Enermax GALAXY high-end PSUs. They feature two fans; one 80mm and one 140mm silent fan with AFC (Automatic Fanspeed Control), 2 x +12V lines@20A each, 2 x +12V lines@25A each (total of 4 x +12V lines), active PFC and cable management. All three units also have 2 x 6-pin + 2 x 8-pin PCI Express connectors for SLI or CrossFire video configurations. CHIEFTEC claims for 80%+ efficiency. The CFT-850G-DF (850W), CFT-1000G-DF (1000W) and CFT-1200G-DF (1200W) will be available in mid-September.

[​IMG]

Source: CHIEFTEC

2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Im weary of any case manufacturer dabbling in the PSU business. there are already too many psu makers out there (sometimes too much competition isnt a good thing) and I would hardly classify Chiefttec as a leading case manufacturer. One good thing to note,possibly, is that if it looks like an enermax galaxy, then perhaps enermax manufacturers the psu for them.

3. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    Their old PSU's were pretty good, i had one i got during the cheiftec dragon era (2002 or so) and it was very good, much better than the antec i also had at the time, it still runs one of my old overclocked athlon xp's now