1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Choosing a great mouse for gaming

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by qubit, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
  2. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    G700s then.... and it uses AA batteries
  3. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    if you did read my post : 2month and a bit more battery duration on Endu mode on the G602 (which equal to 1440hrs) 250hrs is perf mode and while you get 2ms response time instead of 4-6ms you can also game in Endu mode.

it use 2 or 1 AA battery or you can do as i will do later when my initial battery will run out of juice and get 2 set of 2 2600mAh accu and swap them.

remix, do you get percentage on G700/700s Sales? :D it would seems so since you recommend it so feverishly ... :roll: me i just give advice ;)
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  4. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    No I don't get a dime LOL
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  5. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It is just that good of a mouse! Love my G700s and will likely be a long time before something replaces it!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    GreiverBlade and remixedcat say thanks.
  6. Eroticus

Eroticus

Thanks Received:
    Diff

G700s
    1 AA Battery / about 6-12 hours of gaming (wireless)
    1000 mhz refresh rate

G602
    2 AA Batterys - about 200 hours of wireless gaming
    500 mhz refresh rate
    doesn't have left / right click option o wheel.

I had G9X and upgraded to G700s but I didn't liked it . so I bought g602 and I'm waiting for the package now.
  7. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    250 make still a bit more of 2day above 200hrs, and if i get above 1440hrs in Endu mode with a heavy daily use, you can get even more than 250hrs in Perf mode
    btw 1000hz = 1ms, 500hz = 2ms, 250hz = 4ms, 125hz = 6ms my G600 was 1ms/1000hz wired, even in a fast paced game, i can't tell the difference with the G602 and 6ms/125hz (or any other rate on the G602 itself)

also one of the biggest diff
    indeed no tilt wheel but as the button above the wheel : hard to use correctly (at last for me)
    less button but 2 more under the thumb and 1 less under the index, i find thumb buttons easier to use than index button and 3 button under the index (2 G + Lclick) is enough (imho again)

easily understandable and so do my G602
  8. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    Yup. Still no issues and still works strong. It feels a little overly sensitive on OS X and Linux, even with sensitivity settings turned down on both the mouse and the OS, but the G500 had that issue for me as well. The only thing I haven't gotten used to yet are the 6 side buttons so I find myself hitting the wrong button to move "back" or "forward" on a web page. I'm used to just one or two, but that's not a flaw with the mouse imho. FWIW, I usually keep the mouse in endurance mode. Perf mode is a little smoother, but I only use it for shooters.
  9. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    I own a Razer Diamondback (loved the mouse but sadly it died after 5+ years), Razer Deathadder 3G (good and precise as the old Diamondback. Bit flimsy and i think i have mine failing since the middle button is not working when clicked after not even a year), Bought a Gigabyte GM Force M7 (not but for cheap mouse and it is large by the way. Like abnormally large. People say it fails but since i bought it for less than $20 and it has lasted almost a year i think it is ok. Use it with my old Acer Laptop that i play old school games with it.) And my last purchase is G500 which is pretty good. I need to calibrate the weight.
  10. ICELAZOR New Member

Thanks Received:
    Looking for a gaming mouse or any other gaming needs? Well there is a site www.whatgameami.com that generally just started out and is still adding some stuff that could help with some of the questions (by email) and any info you're looking for. It also has some games that you would love to try and also helps with choosing what game next. I hope this helps with your gaming needs as it did mine. =D
  11. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I actually have to agree with him. I tried/felted different mice and that one felt so right. Like your hand is making love with the mouse
  12. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Best mice are the new ones with the Avago ADNS-3310. Some limitations when it comes to mats but generally the best you can get.
    RCoon says thanks.
  13. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    ADNS-3310? Optical sensor like the one in the Steelserie Rival? if yes : it's all a matter of personal opinion i had a Rival and compared to my G602 and the delta zero optical sensor she is way under in term of comfort and control (talking about the sensor not about the mouse) 6500dpi max or 2500dpi max or the polling had nothing to do with ... strange i kinda like Avago sensors, and tend to think of them as superior to any other (ie Phillips twin eyes) but this one can't live up the sensor in the G602, in the end a great (not best : it doesn't exist ... ) gaming mouse if defined by a bunch of quality and parameter, not only the sensor.

in that case the G602 had a better shape for me, also tried a lot of mouse, none of them was the best, just some of them were great... like my G500/G600/G602/Kone XTD.
  14. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    I think the tracking capability of the 3310 is superior to the 3090 at 500 Hz and moderate DPI. The 3090 is used in the G400 and G602. In terms of shape I think it is hard to beat the Mionix Naos and Avior design. With the 3090 you have to get a mouse which uses the standard lens, some manufacturers use custom lenses and those usually reduce tracking efficiency and focus on reducing lift-off. The 3310 has a lower standard lift-off distance, and the adjustment range before impeding tracking efficiency is greater. Adjusting lift-off distance firmware side on the 3090 gave horrible results last time I tested it, which is why I believe many manufacturers opted for custom lenses.
  15. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    well the G602 sensor is called Zero Delta so i suspect its not a base 3090 and while i had 2 mouse with the 2 sensor for me the G602 gave me better result than the Rival (and i am talking with a G602 @ 2500dpi/125hz ) (ahah since logitech gave no "real information" about the sensor brand and model i didn't know it was a Avago but pretty much suspected it... but at last its not a Twin Eyes like the R.A.T. or Razer ... both brand failed for me)

well the G602 is second to the Naos for me in term of shape but the Naos lack something the G602 has

also i have no problems with lift-off... a matter of use i think, i rarely have to lift the mouse and if i do it keep the tracking nice and smooth (not lifting the mouse too high i assume)
  16. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I'm a lady cat ;)
    RCoon says thanks.
  17. andrewsmc

andrewsmc

Thanks Received:
    I was never a expensive mouse purchaser either. So instead of going out and spending 80.00 on something that your unsure of get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCEK2LA/?tag=tec06d-20

The G400s, is my first "gaming" mouse and I love it. another thing i would invest in is a NICE BIG mousepad! Like: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...94038&ef_id=UxZPCgAABexvIfy2:20140319232918:s

With the combo, it will make a difference in gaming. and you don't break the bank with both items. Great starter package that I have used for about 1 year. Now i am just considering a good keyboard. GL!
  18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually trying to decide between a G400 or a G500s right now. The feet on my old G5 have given out and it's showing its age so it's time for a new one.
  19. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
    As far as wired is concerned, I would say go with the G500, it served me well when I used it. I had a G5 before I got my first G500 and I know exactly what you mean about the feet on the G5 getting worn out. Same thing happened to me, although I was forced to give it up when it started flaking out.
    GreiverBlade says thanks.
  20. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, my right-click is going from clicky to mushy. So does the G500 have the same feel to it as the G5 had?
  21. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    G500 too,

also what kind of feel the G5 produced and you want to find back in the G500 if its comfort : then bingo. for the rest the G500 is a upgraded G5 some like it some hate it and say the G500 is under a G5 (which is kinda weird ... ) most of them blame the infinite scroll wheel, because they don't know there is a button just above the wheel to engage the click scroll mode...

from G5 to G500 and G500S i never got a complaint on them, click/wheel/tracking/durability/value for money.

aherm 8$ more and you have a G500s on newegg so yeah paying less to economize is great but if its worth 20$ less at minimum, for 8$ difference i would go the above model directly.

and combo is good unless you have already the mousepad so then the money spared could be re invested in a higher class mouse :D, since i have a Razer Destructor (yep Razer are good with mousepad ... at last something they master :clap: ) and a Steelserie QCQ, i did choose to put the 40chf i spared in the mouse instead of changing mousepad :)
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  22. erocker

Thanks Received:
    I stopped at Best Buy and got the 500s for the same price as Newegg. Same shape as the G5. Working well.
    remixedcat, Aquinus and GreiverBlade say thanks.
  23. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I broke down and got a g602 yesterday. Wonderful mouse. Gotta figure out how to get the most from it
  24. GreiverBlade

GreiverBlade

Thanks Received:
    depend on how you feel it: if its like me and you can use it day to day for gaming and everything else on Endurance mode with 125hz/2500dpi then it's the optimal setting for battery life, i strongly recommende the Energizer Lithium if you don't plan to take some NiMh accu... a little more than 2 weeks with them (testing different kind of battery in fact) and the meter hasn't still dropped a bar still 5/5

getting the best of it: i don't know but that mouse fit every of my needs, the dpi might not be high but i have a 32" 1080p so no biggies and i never had a game who needed a polling more than 125hz (well except some nervous fps) so 500hz is useless for me.

(last minute ... wait you had a G700 and took a G602, what happened to the best mouse ever? :D furthermore how did it break, i never broke any of my logitech mouse or keyboards.)
    Champ says thanks.
  25. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Nice choice. My hubby loves his :)