1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Choosing Soundcard

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by fenurch, Mar 7, 2008.

1. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Hi peepz , because I have no experience in non-onboard soundcards i'm asking your for help.
    Because I wanted to order SteelSeries 5Hv2 USB ( with USB soundcard ) but it wasn't avaible in any of sites I tried I decided to take a proper soundcard with just SteelSeries 5Hv2

I wouldn't want to spend more than £20 on Soundcard because there are more important things necessary. I think that £20 is about 40$ or Something :)

Because someone told me that Creative are good soundcards I found Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE 7.1 It's only £17 but In other forums people said that it is best choice for money.

Can anyone give me some opinions or reviews ( not like commercial ones but from yourself ) with info about this Soundcard , is it good / bad / real bad e.t.c

Or if you can give me a better deal for money then please do so :)

2. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    mmm , what a response

3. techbuzz

techbuzz

Thanks Received:
    People are less likely to help you when you write stuff like that...

Give it a little time. Good answers will come.

4. pagalms

pagalms

Thanks Received:
    I had that card for a few days (got it to mod into x-fi extreme audio (they are the same cards, just with different sub-id's), failed and sold). Can't say anything bad about it. Great card for it's price.
    :)

5. BlackIce

BlackIce New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
    Well i recomend the ExtremeMusic card m8.I just bought one my self sounds amazing and uses less cpu than my onboard sound.The reason why i think you should buy this one is because it uses that same audio chip as all the other extreme versions apart from the cheap extreme audio card that uses a different audio procossor. They all have a signal to noise ratio of 109db apart from the elite which is 119db and much much more expensive.
    Granted some of the models above have 64mb onboard memory but to be honest if your running xp with 2gb or vista with 4gb of ram youdont really need onboard ram because you aint gonna notice any slow down i know i curtainly dont.And i run all top games like call of duty 4/ crysis/etc..The Extrememusic now comes as a OEM you get the driver cd software and case sticker and this makes it cheaper than retail. It has movie entertainment mode/ Music creation mode/ and gaming mode /EAX 5.0.2

Here take a look your self.

[​IMG]

7. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry i just read you only want to spend £20 well if your willing to take a used one /Refurbished i can recomend even a usb one with remote control ive owned one myself it served me well now my brother has it.
    And i can post a link up for it. It will be from ebay if your interested UK aswell.

Here they normally sell loads for around £15

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-Labs-Sound-Blaster-Live-24-Bit-External_W0QQitemZ150221079686QQihZ005QQcategoryZ75518QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This version has eax for gaming unlike the new nx series replacement card.:)

make sure you get the "Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 24-Bit External"

I had it running my logitec z650 5.1 surrounds and it sounded awsome!! better than my stereo.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008
  8. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    You see , mate i'm not looking for anything fancy at all , I mean like Remote Control or anything , just a better card than Onboard , thnx for info but you still haven't change my mind ;x

ammm , I'll ask one of my friends who has 10 year experience with PC's and so he will give me an advice.

But like i said , tnx for all mate :)

9. Nitro-Max

Nitro-Max New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok m8 no problems but trust me m8 its a great card and for £15 anything cheaper isnt going to sound any better than onboard sound really creative are the leaders when it comes to pc audio. I have a cheap £7 sound card in my loft it worked for a good 30mins before it died.

10. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:

xDDDDDDD

11. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have to second the extreme music choice got me a used one from a m8 here on tpu, it is Awesome, such a noticeable increase in quality from onboard