1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Church Of Kopimism: The New File Sharing Religion

Discussion in 'News' started by qubit, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    If you pirate or support pirating you're as bad as NAMBLA and its supporters. Both are scum.

Members of NAMBLA make all kinds of excuses for what they do. They justify it in all kinds of ways. JUST LIKE PIRATES.

2. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Your comparison is so faulty it doesn't even merit a response.

w3b and qubit say thanks.
  3. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i just meant in so far as you're a mod you wouldn't want it, not your personal beliefs.

4. w3b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Trying to sell counterfeited media is difficult at best (and where it occurs not as profitable as drugs and other crimes of this nature) where internet access is available for both the regular market stall holders and organised crime networks alike. :shadedshu

More in depth on this (and makes for excellent reference material for this and other related threads) is covered thoroughly in The Media Piracy in Emerging Economies (MPEE) Study available here: http://piracy.ssrc.org/the-report/

Of particular interest to this specific post regarding organised crime and piracy (commercial copyright infringement) is the sub-section of Chapter 1 "Does Crime Pay?" which covers this subject in far greater detail than I could (fwiw I thought much like the poster I quoted once before I took a more serious look into this piece of fiction well before the publishing of the above report).

On topic; CoK is one sweet looking religion and has great potential to be more beneficial than many others :cool:

digibucc says thanks.
  5. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Update

New Scientist now have an interesting interview with Isak Gerson about Kopimism.

I've updated the news article with this link.

6. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    He sounds very devoted in his excuses to stealing. He sounds just like a NAMBLA member. No facts just what he believes is right. Scum bag.

No its dead accurate.

qubit says thanks.
  7. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    I gave you a thanks because your vehemence cracks me up. :toast: I dunno if you've seen the picture of Isak that I've added to the article? I'm sure you can now hate him a little more... lol.

You so need to do a hard-hitting SOPA article from your perspective dude, it'll be a riot. :D Perhaps you may want to cover this one? Lawmakers seem intent on approving SOPA, PIPA

EDIT: You said "no facts". Well, of course, like any good religion, there are no facts, only dogma. ;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    digibucc says thanks.
  8. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    you're joking right? that's a famous mailman troll, gotta be? what relgions are based on facts and not what the adherents believe is right?

so i have your approval? anyone who bases an argument off what they believe is right and not facts is a scumbag equivalent to a NAMBLA member?

qubit says thanks.
  9. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, considering that the catholic church is the original NAMBLA, you can at least equate them to that. Go ahead and group the rest in as well though, I see no reason why not to.

w3b and digibucc say thanks.
  10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    This isnt a religion. Its an excuse to pirate. If you say not, then SOPA is a law. Not an excuse to censor.

COME AT ME BRO!

digibucc says thanks.