1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cleaning a corsair obsidian 550D

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by jgunning, May 27, 2013.

1. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Hi Guys,

So I have a question about cleaning a corsair obsidian 550D..The front panel has like a gloss finish so a simple cloth will wipe any dust or what not away. But the rest of the case has a mat like finish..and if you run a cloth or even your hand over it, it leaves marks?!and usually puts more lint and dust on it as well!!?

Does anyone have this case or simular and know a way to clean this mat finished panels on the case..?

Thanks in advance =)

:toast:

2. dark2099

dark2099

Thanks Received:
    I washed out my 800D with just the softest cloth I could find combined with some warm soapy water, then just used a hose outside to rinse. Should protect the material from any damage, and obviously pull out everything in doing so.

jgunning says thanks.
  3. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    oh ok!Good advice. I just don't want to pull everything out of my case though.. =\

But if that is the only way I guess I will have too. The inside of the case is spotless, just the outside panels have specs of dust all over them and if you run over them with any cloth it just gets more crap smeared all over it..bit pathetic I think!!?I don't know why corsair designed it this way..? :shadedshu

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    you can try using a bit of liquid on the spot, scrub it with say a toothbrush, then use a cloth to dob it dry trying not to wiggle it. Should work for spots, but if the whole case needs a dusting, either pull all the stuff and wash as dark mentioned or get out the vacuum.

Oh I see now, its on the outside. Try as suggested with a soft brush.

jgunning says thanks.
  5. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Yea.. Thanks for the advice.I think you are right. I will try that though, didn't think of a tooth brush, and I haven't tried a vacume cleaner yet!

Cheers fellas!

You have been most helpful :toast:

6. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    If it's the outside of the case a warm damp cloth will work wonders regardless if it's matte or glossy, it will dry and come up as new. As for the inside there are numerous methods, a clean paintbrush, vacuum, duster etc just find what works and give it a good going over.

jgunning says thanks.
  7. jgunning

jgunning

Thanks Received:
    Yea as I said, the inside is good. It is standard aluminium inside so there are no issues cleaning that, I am pretty meticulous at keeping my rig clean, so when there is dust on the outside and the inside is spotless is annoys me..haha.
    But I will try a warm, damp cloth. I think it will depend abit on the cloth whether it leaves residue or not on the case.

I like to use an air compressor, a damp cloth and a tooth brush on the inside. But I was just abit stuck on the outside matte finish.. But I have some good methods to try now!Thanks fellas :D

:toast: